PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft Issue-Separation/Un-Seating

peter_l
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi All,

Today, after about 30 minutes into a 3 hour carve, the machine started making a different than normal sound, and I saw that the bit carving bit stopped spinning, but everything else was operating normal. At first, I assumed the flexshaft broke.

I stopped the project, and removed the flexshaft from the carving head. I removed the flaxshaft from the holder and it was in-tact. Then I noticed that the flexshaft housing had separated from the part that connects it to the carving head.

I re-seated it and everything worked like normal. There appears to be some sort of glue that holds this together.

I drew a red circle around the area on the flexshaft I mean in the photo below.

I will be calling Carvewright tomorrow, but wanted to check with the group and see if anyone else had this problem.

The shaft was not overheated as far as I could tell, and has plenty of lubricant.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pete

Kenm810
03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I've never seen it happen before myself,
But with these machines I suppose anything is possible. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif
Please post what you find out from the techs at LHR

Semper Fi
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I had that happen and put some epoxy on the sheath and inserted it back into the coller, with the wire guide too. Never had a problem again. I think the glue they put it together with isn't up to the job.

Kenm810
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Ernie, that's a good one to know
Guess I'll add some epoxy to my Machines First Aid kit
and add it to my how to list also. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

peter_l
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Here is a photo of where the flexshaft separated on my unit. I have held it in place with electrical tape to finish to project, and so far it is holding.

I will update everyone after talking with CW.

Thanks

Pete

Old Salt
03-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I cleaned mine with a alcohol pad then used jellsuper glue been ok .

skeeterman
03-30-2008, 07:34 PM
i had same problem with my machine, I reglued and am up and running