PDA

View Full Version : First 2 side carves

RayTrek
03-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello Carvers

Well its been snowing here for 3 days now Good day to fire up the heater and the machine and do my first two side carvings.
The first one I did was the Celtic heart spoon to see how its professionally done, have to say HT go3d.us really has it together very little cleanup put some walnut oil on it and its good to go, next time will carve one in walnut instead of oak.
Then I did the one I have been working on I used the cut path for the first time I am happy how it went did have a stuck roller twice and carved over the original back side carving 3 times do to PLC lock up and when I got to the front side it asked for 1/8” bit following some depth scanning with read out Depth to deep “Abort or Continue” I picked continue and it asked for carve bit, So it carved and at the end it routed the cut path. I know that the errors are things that I have done or not done like cleaning the position roller micro switches. Pro-active preventive maintaining is a way of life little over a year now and I am still loving this machine.
Well hope you like the mpc use at your own risk I used some really bad cedar for my first (soft wood) and I feel good about doing the next ones in hard wood.
Sorry about the long wind talk later Ray ver.1.126
Hmm wonder if it would look 3 dimensional in Corion?

LittleRedWoodshop
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Lookin good and thanks for the file.