PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Probe And Options Menu

jerrbitt
03-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Two questions as a newcomer:
First, I found little information about the options choice on the machine, for example "sleep" and others. Can anyone explain these features and whether once you make your choices are they just for that particular run of the machine or are they “permanent” until you change them?

Secondly, bought the scanning probe. It came with an extension cord and I notice that next to the left side of the cover, there is a connector that appears to be for the extension. So which one do you use, directly into the truck assembly or with the cord and if so, where should the clip be located?

Thanks as always for the advice.

mtylerfl
03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Two questions as a newcomer:
First, I found little information about the options choice on the machine, for example "sleep" and others. Can anyone explain these features and whether once you make your choices are they just for that particular run of the machine or are they “permanent” until you change them?

Secondly, bought the scanning probe. It came with an extension cord and I notice that next to the left side of the cover, there is a connector that appears to be for the extension. So which one do you use, directly into the truck assembly or with the cord and if so, where should the clip be located?

Thanks as always for the advice.

I set both my machines to never sleep - that way if I get a phone call or something during say a bit change or whatever, the machine won't shut down and make me start a project all over again. It only needs to go to sleep on you once in the middle of a project before you'll want to change the setting so it won't happen again! (It's permanent until you change it.)

If your machine is new, then you probably have the newer version of the Z-pak, in which case, you plug it into the receptacle at the left side of the cover. Your guess is as good as mine where the clip goes!

AskBud
03-29-2008, 03:24 PM
The clip attaches to the black, where the clear cover sits when closed. It is just to keep the cord away from the cutter.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
For the new guys.... Here is pictures of the old and new Z bundle.

The old used a 16 pin flat cable and used the jack on the spindle for the probe.

The new uses a 14 pin cable and uses the jack on the left side.

AL