PDA

View Full Version : Solid Line from Dotted Line

marinan
03-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I am doing the Fish Plaque from March 2008 Tips & Tricks by Michael of Carvebuddy. I am almost finished but after I did the OUTLINE Patterns--the CUTPATH doesn't show up. I also have black dotted lines and I believe that is the problem. What do I do to get this corrected?
Thanks for your help. marinan

Dan-Woodman
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Your cut path line has to be one completed line. If your connecting several lines , make sure to see it highlighted as you connect the end of lines together.
later Daniel

marinan
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Your cut path line has to be one completed line. If your connecting several lines , make sure to see it highlighted as you connect the end of lines together.
later Daniel;)

Daniel
I just did the outline patters icon and it did a SOLID WHITE line until I clicked off. Then it is a dotted black line. I didn't use the CONNECTING LINES icon at all.
Thanks for your help. Would it be helpful if I added the project?
marinan

Amonaug
03-28-2008, 06:29 PM
The path line must be selected (solid white) in order to use the cut path or even apply a bit to it.

ChrisAlb
03-28-2008, 06:29 PM
;)
Daniel
I just did the outline patters icon and it did a SOLID WHITE line until I clicked off. Then it is a dotted black line. I didn't use the CONNECTING LINES icon at all.
Thanks for your help. Would it be helpful if I added the project?
marinan

Hi marinan,

When you click on that dotted line, do you see a solid white line all the way around the project? Not the "box" but the path following the outline.

If so, when it's white click the Cut path Icon.
If you don't, the line is broken and needs to be attached somewhere.

marinan
03-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm not exactly sure what happen/or what I did but,,, I just completely made a new project (same objects,etc) and kept after it and GOT IT.
Thanks for all your post as they helped.
Marinan :D