PDA

View Full Version : My 100th Post

fwharris
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Small mile stone for some (nobody will catch Jeff Birt) but glad to get there any way.

Just ordered some back up motor brushes, thanks Al for the great post on that. I am sure it will be $5.00 well invested.

While talking to Michelle at CW I asked her about some talk going around about a new CW coming out. She shared that as of now, she and other employees are not aware of it as no anouncment has been made. I also asked about the CWs being sold on Amazon. She said that they are being sold by a new vendor and are being supplied by LHR.
Since mine is a CC machine I asked based on serial # what could she tell me about it. Mine is a 600 # and it was a Gen 2 model and that all 500 #s were Gen 1.
My CC must have been assembled on a Wed. as I have not had any equip. malfunctions at all. OOPS hope I did not speak to soon..do not know if there are any 700 #s out there or not...

Getting long winded here so better end this by saying a BIG THANKS to all those "senior members" that have been great with the help and hints being posted. To many of you to list individually.

Better get busy, I've got 6 State Quarter boards to stain.

ChrisAlb
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Small mile stone for some (nobody will catch Jeff Birt) but glad to get there any way.

Just ordered some back up motor brushes, thanks Al for the great post on that. I am sure it will be $5.00 well invested.

Not so small FW, felt kind of cool when I did.....lol Welcome!

Yea that was a great point by AL. He's always thinking he is.

Chris

thomasj
03-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Since mine is a CC machine I asked based on serial # what could she tell me about it. Mine is a 600 # and it was a Gen 2 model and that all 500 #s were Gen 1.
My CC must have been assembled on a Wed. as I have not had any equip. malfunctions at all. OOPS hope I did not speak to soon..do not know if there are any 700 #s out there or not...

REc'd my CC late Feb. Serial # is AA.010.318 Does this mean it's EARLIER than Beta:rolleyes:

Outa-the-box it had a bad power supply and the bit plate issue. Replacement PS was also bad!!
So far NOW (shhhh) it's working OK

fwharris
03-29-2008, 12:50 AM
REc'd my CC late Feb. Serial # is AA.010.318 Does this mean it's EARLIER than Beta:rolleyes:

Outa-the-box it had a bad power supply and the bit plate issue. Replacement PS was also bad!!
So far NOW (shhhh) it's working OK

My # is AG.006.622 so I would think she was talking about the .006 as the # referancing the 2nd gen. machine. My guess would be that yours is atleast the 2nd gen.

I did ask her about some of the models now coming out with less plastic and more metal in the case and all she would say that it like the auto industry. As new ones are being made there are improvements that get put in place. Would not give a clear yes or no..

I thought I did see a post some where here about a bad run of power supplies.

Glad to know you are up and carving now!!

fwharris
03-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Yea that was a great point by AL. He's always thinking he is.

Chris
Thanks Chris,

I bet Al could build one of these with his eyes closed.

LittleRedWoodshop
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
to you...here's to many more

SandBuoy
03-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats FW, a lot of gooed information and projects in those 100 posts. Thanks and looking forward to the next 100.

LittleRedWoodshop
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
You're almost there

LittleRedWoodshop
03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey SandBuoy, beat you to 100

fwharris
03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
SandBouy and Jason,

Thanks for the congarts guys and congrats back to you for getting there also!!!

This machine is like life, if you do not keep learning you will just stay where you are. Happy carving!!!!

SandBuoy
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Congrats Jason on the 100th post. FW, your right about this machine. The possibilities are endless with this machine. I have so many ideas on creating stuff I keep a pad in my pocket and then play on the designer at night. I even told my wife I was going to carve a wood cover for my keyboard. Thats sick. But my wifes favorite expression for me over the years has been. The and his machines. Hopefully it doesn't turn into His Flying Machine.

Cmdr.Rav
04-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey I just realized this my 100th post too!!!!! Yikes in 9 months I will be a Grandpa and now I am a senior!

Rav

fwharris
04-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey I just realized this my 100th post too!!!!! Yikes in 9 months I will be a Grandpa and now I am a senior!

Rav

Rav,

Welcome to the club and congrats on being a Grandpa!

FYI.. I have enjoyed reading yours and Michael's posts in the Wood routing forum. They have been great reading.