PDA

View Full Version : X Axis Stall Error Please Stop

andes
03-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, shaking my head, finally got the QC and replaced the bad one. Today I wanted to test the machine, and I got an X Axis Stall Error. Checked to insure that nothing was interfering with the movement of the axis, and is wasn't so I restarted the project and it started carving and about 10 mins into the project it stopped and LCD was reset to the the start project memu. This happened two times, so I am seeking help on this issue. I can't seem to get a break. Anyone out there have some advise on this issue...

Andes

Digitalwoodshop
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
By tapping your fist "Lightly" on the top of the machine above the key pad at the bolts that hold the riser rods and watching the display, does it blink? A bad power supply L2 can cause your problem. The coil vibrates until it breaks the wire if not glued properly.

AL

800-573-1226 4 LHR

andes
03-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Al,

Here's whats happening. I did as you suggested, screen did not blink. What I did next was start the project, the head moved to the right and then back to the left; I then lose power. So I tried tabbing as you suggested and the power returns, LCD is now again lit. Did these twice, got same results.

Andes

Jeff_Birt
03-28-2008, 02:59 PM
The sliding guide plate SHOULD NOT be touching the wood. I usually leave a gap about the width of a piece of paper folded over three times. Then slide the wood back on forth to make sure it can slide through without sticking. (The sides need to parallel).

Oh, also if the wood is cupped or twisted it might loose contact with the board tracking sensor (little brass wheel in front).

Hope that helps,

andes
03-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Jeff, just tried your suggestion, I am still getting the x axis stall errors 226, 246.

Andes

Jeff_Birt
03-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I should have read your reply to Al!

Here's whats happening. I did as you suggested, screen did not blink. What I did next was start the project, the head moved to the right and then back to the left; I then lose power. So I tried tabbing as you suggested and the power returns, LCD is now again lit. Did these twice, got same results.

The bad news: This is a power supply issue :(, the good news: give CW a call now and talk to a technician. One of the coils has been breaking off the board ands causing problems. They can get you fixed up though.

jimsorrow
03-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I was having the exact same problem. After troubleshooting with an LHR tech for about an hour the tech determined it was a bad power supply. Another power supply is on the way - I'm crossing my fingers.

andes
03-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Yea, I just called LHR Tech spt. They want me to check to ensure that the pwr connections didn't come loose. I am about to go check that out and go from there.

andes
03-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Well I am out of luck for today, because the 3 hour time diff, by the time I called LHR back, they were closed. So I will have to try another day to try and get this machine up and running. Meantime, if anyone has some ideas on the problem; being hum' on ;-}

Andes

andes
04-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, I'm dead in the water, for awhile. LHR said that I need to install the Z bundle. So I await the parts. In the meantime, Does anyone have any newer instruction/guidence on installing these parts, once they arrive? I have the pdf form the forum about changing the z motor already.

Andes