PDA

View Full Version : y axis stalled, error 236

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
:eek:must be gaining ground, code just repaired was 246 now have droped down to code 236 must be getting closer trying to carve again. Can anyone give me ideas on what I haven't tried yet
1. heve checked all piece are free
2. removed Y motor, no broken teeth on gears
3. reformated my menory card
4. insalled program 1.126 back into dinner and card

talked to factory just now, and they want my machine sent back to them for repairs, anyone know about how long it will take I live in Des Moines, Ia

Jeff_Birt
03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Well, what is the machine doing when you get this error? Give us a play by play...

1) I insert the memory card
2) Turn the machine on
3) Select project
4) The machine start to home
5) It gets done homing
6) ....

You get the idea. If we know when this problem is happening then we might be able to guess why.

mtylerfl
03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Maybe this will help. The following is copied from the TroubleShooting Guide re: 236 and 246 errors...

The Machine Gives Y-Stall (236 Or 246) Error When Trying To Find The Bit
Problem: There may be a physical interference or the bit tip touch plate is not
actuating far enough so as to be under the bit during the bit find.
Solution: Check for interference points first. Update their Firmware on the memory
card and try several mechanical fixes.

1. Move the y-truck from the far left to the far right checking for interference points.

2. If the truck strikes anything determine what it is hitting. We have seen the heatsink
on the back of the y-truck truck hit the cover and the vertical screw tensioning the
z-motor pack hitting the cover because it is not tight. We have also seen the heat
sink hit the cut motor wire retaining clip on the far right side of the cover.
a. If the heatsink is hitting then call CarveWright support.
b. If the screw is hitting something tighten it down.
c. If the heat sink is hitting the retaining clip, then loosen top cover and place
clip in it’s proper location under the cover.

3. If there are no obvious interferences then it is most likely due to the bit tip locating
plate not actuating far enough when the machine goes to measure the bit tip
location. There are three fixes for this issue and they are detailed below (also in
the file called bit_plate_adjustment.pdf).

Step 1: Follow the above procedure for updating the memory card firmware.
Please retry the project and determine if this has fixed the problem. If the issue
persists please proceed to Step 2.

Step 2: Check the tightness of the screw holding the belt tension plate in place.
You will need a very short Phillips screwdriver for this step. Locate the belt
tension bracket (it is the bracket that supports the idler pulley on the far right
side of the y-belt) and see if you can move it by pressing down on the y-belt. If
the plate is loose please tighten the screw. After tightening, retry the project and
determine if this has fixed the problem. If the issue persists please proceed to
Step 3.

Step 3: Make sure that the y-truck will move far enough to the right so as to fully
actuate the bit plate. The bit plate should swing out far enough for the bit tip to
hit dead center. Check to see if there is an interference with the bit touch plate
and one of the bearing sweepers. Remove the bottom right sweeper and retry
the project.

The Machine Gives Y-Stall (236 Or 246) Error When Cutting
Problem: The cut motor is not turning, the cutting trucks could be loose, or there could
be an obstruction preventing the y-truck from moving.
Solution: Check the cutting trucks for looseness and perform the motor checks as
detailed above. Also check for obstructions as detailed above in “The Machine Gives YStall
(236 Or 246) Error When Trying To Find The Bit” section.

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-28-2008, 11:26 AM
just finished repairing for the z axis (installed the upgrade kit) turned it on to check and z code nolonger there at startup, but as soon as program starts homing the error 236 come on tells me the y axis is stalled.

mtylerfl
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
just finished repairing for the z axis (installed the upgrade kit) turned it on to check and z code nolonger there at startup, but as soon as program starts homing the error 236 come on tells me the y axis is stalled.

Sorry you're still having problems.

You already checked all the "stuff" suggested from the troubleshooting guide? If so, you'll need to call CarveWright Tech Support for additional advice. Please let us know how it all works out for you.

Jeff_Birt
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Can you move the Y-axis by hand? If so then it sure sounds like you left something disconnected when you installed the new Z-pack.

pwills3308@mchsi.com
04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
called tech. and recieved my e-mail today on returning to factory today:), UPS will pick up in the morning. Thanks to all for the help and advised me, will keep reading troubleshooting but realy hope that that I dont need to ask "how-to" very many times

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Check you Y Motor plug? Bet it is unplugged.

AL

Chris Reid
04-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Just got mine back for the same reason. Mine was very difficult to move along the track.
here was my post if you want to follow it:
I will post the outcome from the techs on my post (hopefully today 4/2/08)

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5623

good luck, It was gone about a month or so (don't remember exact day) will try to post specifics in my link above.

Good luck,

Chris