PDA

View Full Version : Bit sensor problem

zman
03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I am starting a new project and am getting a Please Clear Bit Sensor. I looked up in the manual but pretty vague.
Please Clear Bit Sensor
Dust is obscuring the sensor that locates the tip of the cutting bit. Please refer to the Care and Maintenance section for the procedure to clean the bit sensor and bit sensor mirror. Where is the bit sensor and mirror?

Thanks
Zman

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Are you sure it was not the "Board Sensor"? It is under the Z truck behind the bit. Use a mirror to see and wipe it clean.

Searching "Board Sensor" will reveal a bunch of info on it including the sensor check using Options to read the numbers on your display.

Good Luck,

AL

Make sure you are using 1.126 software, the latest.

zman
03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I just went and tried it again 4th time it messures the board no problem. Then tells me to select the bit, I install the bit, the chuck goes to the middle of the machine and stops with the clear bit sensor. I did find in one of the manuals on the web the mirror seems to be in the top between to rollers. Not sure where the bit sensor is. And thats where I am now. The error I did finally get is a 1401

hotpop
03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think the machines have a bit sensor in them anymore. I haven't found one on my machine nor can I find one listed in the parts manual.

I was wondering if when you insert your bit the bit goes back and goes down and makes contact with the Bit Tip Locator Plate. Make sure this is happening.
Perhaps the Bit Tip Locator Plate is not coming out all the way and the bit is not making contact.

Maybe it the reason you are getting a bit sensor error.

zman
03-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the help

I just went down and looked at the machine again. I see nothing where the manual says the mirror is supposed to be. When I tried this time and got the message I hit the stop button and got the following: Bit Sensor Fault Error 1401 Press Stop.

Zman

Jeff_Birt
03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Try reflashing the latest firmware (1.26) to your memory card and try again.

zman
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Jeff
I tried the flash manager and it tells me I have version 1.125 and that is the latest version according to the flash manager. Do I need to do it some other way.

Thanks

zman
03-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Jeff,
I did find the update to 1.126 and installed that in the designer and firmware on the card. NO Luck. The bit never reaches the bit plate on the right hand side. It stops in the middle of the machine on the way to the bit plate.

Thanks
Zman

hotpop
03-27-2008, 08:56 PM
zman,

This happen to me last week.

Sounds like maybe you have some dirt stuck to your vertical rails. Turn the machine off. Push the Z truck all the way up and with your fingers wipe off the vertical rails. Pull the Z truck all the way down and do the same again. Pop off the plastic dust guards from the rollers and clean the insides I used an old tooth brush.

Blow out the gear belt just in case a chip is stuck in the belt.

Snap the dust covers back on and cross your fingers.

zman
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks Hotpop I will give it a shot. I running out of my good German spirit

Thanks
Zman

zman
03-28-2008, 07:17 AM
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197