PDA

View Full Version : Extra libraries

jimsorrow
03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Under my Favorites I have 3 Basic and 1 Library 01 pattern libraries. The 3 basic and the Library 01 all have the same patterns; the ones built into the software. How do I remove some of those extra libraries?

hotpop
03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Jim

You can't delete these headers from within Designer.

Search your computer for MPN files.

Favorites.mpn are under c:documents and setting/your name/carvewright.

Basic is located in c:program\files\carvewright\data

jimsorrow
03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I temporarily moved the Basic.mpn file to a different directory and started up the Carvewright software. Now I have 4 Basic libraries and a Library 01 to go with Favorites.

hotpop
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Jim,

I told you where to find the files. That's all I know. I haven't tried to relocate or delete any of them.

Hopefully someone else on the forum has a solution for you.

oldjoe
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Wow three of them I only had two. I did go thru one of them and delete one pattern at a time to make sure it did not effect the other libraries. I thought I was able to delete one but not the other library I will verify when I get home and update you more then.

ChrisAlb
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Well here's your answer.

I just recieved an email from a forum member saying that he saw this in here so I assume Tim has posted it now. Hope it's ok to post this Tim.

Try this. Works great.

http://www.tjswoodery.com/default.aspx (http://www.tjswoodery.com/default.aspx)

jimsorrow
03-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I tried the CCW pattern organizer - cool program. Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

ChrisAlb
03-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I tried the CCW pattern organizer - cool program. Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

I'm sorry Jim, I completely misread your post. I was thinking "favorites" not multiple "basics"... my bad..

Try deleting all but one Basics file, making sure it's also deleted from the "trash bin", and then restarting your system.

I had this problem and the answer for me was a simple, but many stepped pain in the butt fix. If this doesn't do it let me know and I'll dig up the "long way" post.

cnsranch
03-28-2008, 04:13 PM
go to Windows Explorer - go to "c:" then "My Documents" then "Your Name" then "Carvewright" You should find only one "Favorites" mpn. I had 4, cleaned up the oldest - just deleted them.

No, go to "c:" then "Program Files" then "Carvewright" then "data". If you have more than one "Basics" mpn, clean up the others - just delete them. DO NOT move, change or alter the "Surfaces" mpn - I moved it, and the CW program would not operate - it has to stay where it is, I think it's simply the surfaces you can add to your projects.

Hope this helps.

HighTechOkie
03-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the discussion guys. This prompted me to finally look at cleaning up my issue of 2 Basic pattern groups.

REAL SIMPLE FIX
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\CarveWright
where xxxx is the user name.
Delete the basic.mpn file.
All is good.

Also, DO NOT mess with the files in C:\Program Files\CarveWright\data

Since you have 4 Basic groups, you might do a search on your hard drive for "basic.mpn" Delete all copies EXCEPT the one in C:\Program Files\CarveWright\data.

Rob

SilentBob
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Jim,
I have the same thing and have an email to Software support. They say they will get back to me in 24 to 48 hours and since Software doesn't work Saturday I guess it will be Monday before I hear back from them.

SilentBob
04-01-2008, 02:33 AM
The response I received from Software Support was to uninstall Designer and reinstall it. Since this is how I got the multiple libraries to begin with I didn’t have any faith in this but still did as instructed with the expected results, no change.

I emailed my findings back but think I’ll call them in the morning and see if I can’t get this resolved.

And I’ll post the result.

jimsorrow
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I got the same reply from LHR - uninstall and reinstall. I did that but it didn't get rid of the redundant collections. It did, however, clear out my Favorites collection though.

Hawg_man
04-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I too had this issue and ended up with 10 duplicate Favorites when I opened my Carvewright software. I just searched using windows Vista and deleted the redundant libraries and all is fine now. By the way they all were exact file size. I can make it create a duplicate if I double Click the "Favorites" in Windows under the Carvewrigt program file, It comes up with a Registration window asking whether I wish to try or buy this collection, and when I cancel it then creates a new favorities with todays date.............don't understand that one.

Bob

DocWheeler
04-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Bob,

Thanks for the tip, I imagine that is the reason for it happening with other people.

SilentBob
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Actually if you look at the screen shot from jimsorrow on post #7 you'll see he has 1 Favorite folder, 4 Basic folders and 1 Library 01 folder.

Also if you look at my screen shot on post #11 you'll see I also have 1 favorite folder, 2 basic folders, and 1 Library 01 folder. I also have the search I did for all my drives for *.MPN and only show 1 Favorite, 1 Basic, and 1 Surfaces.

I don't believe this problem has been answered on this forum and I know for a fact LHR hasn't provided me with a fix yet.