PDA

View Full Version : Flex Shaft (part 2)

optionman
03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
just got off the phone with houston and they are sending me another entire flex shaft, including the plastic/rubber sheathing. as i previously posted, after cleaning the flex shaft and replacing it into z-truck, i tried to remove it from z-truck and an additional black plastic piece came out with it.

after getting home and looking at the shaft, i was able to get a little piece of the flex shaft to stick out from the sheathing (the square end that goes thru the top of machine). then, without barely moving the entire thing very much, the shaft seperated from the motor end of my machine, leaving me holding the whole thing in my hand, not connected to the cw at all.

i called houston and asked for directions to remove the cover and reattach it to the motor, as well as what to do with the other end. after the tech talked to a supervisor, he came back on and said the sheathing should NEVER seperate off the machine (mine is 7 days old), and that i was the 2nd person to call recently with this issue. they want me to return my shaft/sheathing and they are sending me another one. they think the factory is not tightening the screw tight enough or something like that.

i guess i'm done carving for a while.

P.S. my machine has 14 hours,13 min on it before shaft came out of motor

fwharris
03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
optionman,

If you have not sent the old one back yet can you post pictures?

CABINET MAN
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I to had my flex line covering melt today and my mech. has 13hr. 50 min. on it.
Is there a special phone number to call?
Is the flex line hard to remove?
THX.

fwharris
03-26-2008, 12:49 AM
I to had my flex line covering melt today and my mech. has 13hr. 50 min. on it.
Is there a special phone number to call?
Is the flex line hard to remove?
THX.
Here is the link to remove the cover. Which you will need to do to get to the flex shaft cover where it attaches to the cutting motor. Only 1 screw to diconnect it from the motor.
Easy to do..
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11259&postcount=3

CABINET MAN
03-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the help, I have placed a call to tech. support and have not received a call back yet. Are they good about calling back?
THX. cabinet man

fwharris
03-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help, I have placed a call to tech. support and have not received a call back yet. Are they good about calling back?
THX. cabinet man

I have only had to call them 1 time (flex shaft problem also) but that was several months ago. Several have posted good and bad results with the call back. If you do not hear something soon I would call them back.

CABINET MAN
03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I have just talked to Houston about my flex shaft problem and they said it is not covered. It is only covered for 10 hr. A new part will cost $52.00 whats up? some where in one of the message I read someone paid 19.00 ???????
THX. cabinet man