PDA

View Full Version : Flex Shaft Issue

optionman
03-25-2008, 09:33 AM
i found the moly lube at ace hardward, removed, cleaned and replaced the shaft after it dried. i then tried to remove the flex shaft again just to see that i had inserted it correctly and, OH NO, the black piece that the flex shaft snaps into came out with it. i'm not home so i can't upload a pic til later.

What next?

hotpop
03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
It sounds like the molded end of the flexshaft sheath came out from the motor end. Remove the cover (4 screws) and reinstall it . There is a single screw on the motor that holds the sheath in place.

optionman
03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
should i be able to get the molded end off the flex shaft? i tried but stopped because i didn't want to damage anything.

Kenm810
03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Could you point out which black piece or the number of the piece

Exploded view parts list (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/parts_list_manual.pdf)

optionman
03-25-2008, 11:16 AM
the piece isn't labeled in your pic. the point where the flex shaft enters the z truck. where the little push button release is. the black plastic part is about 1 in tall. hope that helps.

on your pic on the far left where the flex shaft is labeled part #11, the piece is stuck on the end of the shaft to the right of the number 11

Kenm810
03-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Try the photos, --are you referring to the black plactic piece above the ball bearings
that locks the Flex-Shaft in place

optionman
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
i think that's it. i'm not in front of my machine to verify. after the flex shaft came out with the piece stuck, i put it back into the z truck and tried to see if a bit would spin. couldn't get my board sensor to accept a test board (might have been too cold in my garage, though i hit 7 and the cw measured it perfectly), so i quit for the night.

P.S. does the cw measure boards differently when u hit 7 vs when u load a project