PDA

View Full Version : First Litho

SandBuoy
03-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Got some 1/2" corian today from a guy down state in 12x13 sheets. Wanted to try my planner on them before I sent them off to a forum member to try and cut in half with his band saw. It went threw the corian like butter and then truned out really smooth. For the price I paid for it, its almost cheaper to waste the material then pay for shipping there.

Here the first litho I carved for my wife. She loves hummingbird and has had the picture stored for a while. I either didn't carve deep enough (.150), the corian wasn't transparent enough or I didn't make the negative dark enough. I got a .150 deep edge but the deepest part of the bird isn't more then .80-.100 deep. The highest part (darker part) is almost surface level high.

This is infront of a 100 watt flood I use on my coin deck light. Way to many watts for putting in a box. I would be burning the house down or melting the corian. Any suggestion? Other then that we love the detail this machine carves. This was using a brand new 1/16" ball cutter I just bought.

optionman
03-25-2008, 08:26 AM
u planed it down to .25" from .5"? looks nice. the darker areas should be near the surface and the lightest area carved the deepest

got some .25" in coming next week. what did sheet cost?