PDA

View Full Version : Updating Software?

Tiler02
03-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I have one of the original Beta Machines. Due to medical problems after I bought the machine I never used it. I have 3 hrs on it. I want to use it and need to upgrade the software. I tried to register the machine but it will not acept the beta serial #. What do I need to do?

Kenm810
03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Tiler02,

If you can call LHR tomorrow and explained to the tech what you just posted,
I'm sure the tech will talk you through the registration, and get you up and carving.

LHR Technologies, Inc.
4930 Allen Genoa Road
Pasadena, TX. 77504

CarveWright Service Phone Numbers
For CarveWright and CompuCarve Machines
You can contact CarveWright by phone at
1-713-473-6572 1-713 473-6545 or 1-800-573-1226
email at support@carvewright.com.
New hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 am To 6:00 pm Central Time.

Reset
03-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Did you install the software from the disc supplied with the machine? If so, that is an older version of the software than currently available, and I don't believe can be registered anymore.

If that is so, download and install the current version (1.126) here: http://www.carvewright.com/cms/downloads
...and try to register your machine... if that doesn't work, then I guess a call to LHR tomorrow is in order :)

Tommy

Cmdr.Rav
03-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I have one of the original Beta Machines. Due to medical problems after I bought the machine I never used it. I have 3 hrs on it. I want to use it and need to upgrade the software. I tried to register the machine but it will not acept the beta serial #. What do I need to do?

From what I understand the beta machines are not even covered anymore. The new machine parts are different from the beta. So the beta testers had to buy new machines. Your software does have functions the new doesn't and now cost extra. So I would hang on to it!

Like Ken, said I would call LHR, but if it was me I would use your current machine if you can get the software issue worked out. Then when if you like the machine get another one. Ask when you call LHR if they will sell you a rebuilt machine for a special price. I know other beta tester were able to do it. If not the Sear's machine is the same thing and on sale you can get it for a great price.

Maybe LHR will buy it back from you for their museum!

Rav

Tiler02
03-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I want to use the machine, Just need to get the software to work. I will call them tomorrow.