PDA

View Full Version : sears warrenty

beachman
03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
has anyone taken the machine back to sears to have it repaired and if so how long did it take ?

Gunner
03-21-2008, 08:47 AM
3 weeks and counting. All I get is a runaround when I call. I'm going to the store where I dropped it off today to " chew some arse " in person.

beachman
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
if its gonna take that long,i better do some chewing when i take it in....lol
thanks gunner

AskBud
03-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I took mine in to Sears on 3/10/2008, and they just called (3/21/2008 -10:15 am DST) and said that they could not do the needed repair, and that I need to send it to CW.

I just got off the phone with CW at 10:30 am DST:
CW has to get Supervisor approval before they will eMail a Return Form and no Supervisor is available until at least Monday. They say that once the repair is approved they will eMail the shipping form.
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I took mine in to Sears on 3/10/2008, and they just called (3/21/2008 -10:15 am DST) and said that they could not do the needed repair, and that I need to send it to CW.

I just got off the phone with CW at 10:30 am DST:
CW has to get Supervisor approval before they will eMail a Return Form and no Supervisor is available until at least Monday. They say that once the repair is approved they will eMail the shipping form.
AskBud

Hello Bud,

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate delay. I probably would have specified and alerted them (Sears) that they are required to send it to LHR for all repairs when I dropped the machine off. Maybe could have saved them a paper trail and you some time. (Eleven days it took them to figure that out for themselves? hmmm)

EDIT: Possibly you could suggest to Sears service personnel that they contact "the powers that be" to notate (as a permanent entry in their computer system) that the CC has to be shipped directly to LHR for any required repair. Sort of a "flag" so that it prevents that kind of delay for anyone else in the future.

beachman
03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
i wonder if i can negotiate a deal to do repairs on the machine for sears,i think i could rebuild the thing in 11 days,all i need is a control board for mine and i could fix it myself.my machine warrenty from lhr has run out,so the board would cost me $203.00 bucks + shipping,so the sears warrenty has to kick in

AskBud
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I just went to the Bellefontaine, OH Sears store to pick up the un-repaired unit. The Cincinnati Repair Center returned the un-repaired machine with absolutely no packing. It did not have the original box, nor any other box or packing, just the bare machine.

Word to the wise:
I've talked with Sear's Customer service and the Sales Staff, at Piqua, OH. They state that the machine should "Always" be sent to CW and not to the standard Sear's Repair Center(s). Sear's may be the one to do the return, but it should be sent to CW for the work.

I had no idea that Sear's would not process it correctly.
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I just went to the Bellefontaine, OH Sears store to pick up the un-repaired unit. The Cincinnati Repair Center returned the un-repaired machine with absolutely no packing. It did not have the original box, nor any other box or packing, just the bare machine.

Word to the wise:
I've talked with Sear's Customer service and the Sales Staff, at Piqua, OH. They state that the machine should "Always" be sent to CW and not to the standard Sear's Repair Center(s). Sear's may be the one to do the return, but it should be sent to CW for the work.

I had no idea that Sear's would not process it correctly.
AskBud

Sorry about that, Bud. It's been mentioned many times on this forum that LHR is the only place that can do repairs on the machine (no matter where it was purchased). Worth mentioning again and again to help other folks avoid what you went through.

Jeff_Birt
03-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I would insist that Sears replace the box (you can get them from CW). I think the problem is that Sears sell them but has no clue other wise. I'm afraid that all the folks who purchased the Sears 'Extended Warranty' will be greatly disappointed.

AskBud
03-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I would insist that Sears replace the box (you can get them from CW). I think the problem is that Sears sell them but has no clue other wise. I'm afraid that all the folks who purchased the Sears 'Extended Warranty' will be greatly disappointed.
Sear's Piqua is now in full charge of the transport to CW and will see that the proper box is provided.

I'm sure, that since my conversations with Sear's Bellefontaine, Piqua, Cincinnati, and Public Relations, that the entire communications about CW Repair will be addressed in many Staff meetings in the near future. It seems that the only reason that Piqua knew to ship directly to CW was by "Word of Mouth". There seems to be no directive paper on file at any Sear's location (from what I was able to determine today).
AskBud

Gunner
03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
My machine is somewhere in the Sears system. I turned it in on 3-5-08 , as of today 3-21-08 they have no idea of where it's at . The "person " that I talked to in person at the store said it had been sent to a repair center in Dallas, Texas but, he couldn't confirm that it was acutally there. He would not give me a UPS tracking number, he said he could not pull it up. I'm goin to call LHR monday with all the information I have and hopefully they can resolve this problem. The SEARS so called Warranty is a piece of S***T as far as I'm can see. If this is the way they take care of a warranty then LHR neeeds to drop them, and UPS at the same time. I really like my machine and what it does for me but, they need to find some different reps for the machine and shipping. Thanks for letting me VENT. Happy carving.

AskBud
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
My machine is somewhere in the Sears system. I turned it in on 3-5-08 , as of today 3-21-08 they have no idea of where it's at . The "person " that I talked to in person at the store said it had been sent to a repair center in Dallas, Texas but, he couldn't confirm that it was acutally there. He would not give me a UPS tracking number, he said he could not pull it up. I'm goin to call LHR monday with all the information I have and hopefully they can resolve this problem. The SEARS so called Warranty is a piece of S***T as far as I'm can see. If this is the way they take care of a warranty then LHR neeeds to drop them, and UPS at the same time. I really like my machine and what it does for me but, they need to find some different reps for the machine and shipping. Thanks for letting me VENT. Happy carving.
I'm sure you have tried this link, but just in case I'll put it here.
AskBud
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_TrackRepair?adCell=A4

Gunner
03-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks Bud I'll use it.

beachman
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
well i took my machine in to sears Saturday the 22nd and they said it would be back by April 2nd, so we will see how that works out,this center has sent one out already and had it back in 2 weeks,hope it works the same for mine

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
I no longer call Sears on my machine I call LHR as soon as a problem statrs and let them be the guideing force, I don't think they are inpressed with there ability to repair them eather. Question on repairs I have been sent a E motor replacement upgrade have it all installed but can not get the Y motor to plug into the new electronics board tryed my old z motor plug and it is to big also, has problem been noted yet about the female end being to small for the male to entery without force?

mtylerfl
03-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I no longer call Sears on my machine I call LHR as soon as a problem statrs and let them be the guideing force, I don't think they are inpressed with there ability to repair them eather.

Hello Pat,

FYI - Sears does not service the machines anyway, only LHR does. So it's a mute point about being "impressed with Sear's ability" or not, since Sears has never serviced the machines in the first place!

porkysbbq
03-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Sears is run by Kmart so expect screw ups and poor service

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
IF rumor is true that Sears and CR are parting ways this could be best thing that has happed for all of us. I too am waiting on e-mail to return my mchine for repair, anyone know what the advage turn around time for Iowa would be?

Jeff_Birt
03-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Please read the actual statement directly from CW staff about this 'split'.

Digitalwoodshop
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Jeff,

Looked up on top at Announcements and didn't see it? Where was it posted?

AL

Kenm810
03-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Al, This might be the one your looking for Sears and Carvewright are splitsville! (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6735) (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/misc/multipage.gif 1 (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6735) 2 (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6735&page=2)) post # 7

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif LHR Technologies, Inc
This is our official position in regards to our relationship with Sears:

There has been no change in the relationship between Sears and LHR
regarding the CompuCarve. It has not ended. Due to the overwhelming demand
for the CompuCarve/CarveWright, there is a delay currently for new shipments
from the factory.

Digitalwoodshop
03-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Demand is UP.... Pattern Makers..... Your customer base is getting BIGGER..... Money in the Bank....

AL

Semper Fi
03-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Used the url that Bud posted (Thanks, Bud) this morning and found out my repair order has been cancelled. No other explaination. We'll see what Sears says on Wednesday when my machine should be back. I suspect it was the card or reader, but it wasn't clear if they were covered by Sears' Protection Plan. They have my phone number and email address on the work order.................would kinda been nice to drop me a note about why they cancelled my repair order. Me thinks a phone call to my local Sears store on Monday is in order.

AskBud
03-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Used the url that Bud posted (Thanks, Bud) this morning and found out my repair order has been canceled. No other explanation. We'll see what Sears says on Wednesday when my machine should be back. I suspect it was the card or reader, but it wasn't clear if they were covered by Sears' Protection Plan. They have my phone number and email address on the work order.................would kinda been nice to drop me a note about why they canceled my repair order. Me thinks a phone call to my local Sears store on Monday is in order.
Sears probably sent it to a standard repair center, like they did mine. My unit is now on its way to Garland Texas, which is a stone's-throw from LHR in Pasadena Texas. Maybe they are going to walk it over to LHR from there.

Sears should be able to look up the repair order and see what actually is going on and why the "Cancel" was issued.
AskBud

Semper Fi
03-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Boy, Bud, I hope it's coming back to me and not being sent, unpacked to Texas. Baby would never survive that trip................ course Sears would be on the hook for a new machine if they can't fix it. But I sure miss the machine............. sorta like tv and power steering.... never missed what I didn't have, and now wouldn't think of going without them! :)

mtylerfl
03-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Hmmm...keep tryin' to tell ya...Sears does not service the machines...only LHR does. I'll gladly eat crow if you can verfiy that this has changed.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
03-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Here ill throw a spin in the whole warranty issue and shake things up. Now i believe in the sears extended warranty but even this makes me skeptical. Theres a part of the warranty that says sears will provide on site in shop maintenance on the Compucarve once a year. Which to my understanding means they would come to my shop and service the machine and check for any problems or maintenance issues. WOW!

hotpop
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
twinpeaks,

Theres a part of the warranty that says sears will provide on site in shop maintenance on the Compucarve once a year.

Ya! I forgot about that one. I wonder if anyone ever got any on site service.

03-29-2008, 10:16 AM
I dont know but ill sure try to get mine when im ready. Kind of leery about letting someone else tinker around on my machine. I saw a sears repairman drive down the road the other day way out here in the sticks, I tried to flag him down to ask him about it. But he sped away, theses appalachian backroads make some city folks uneasy. Ha.

Gunner
03-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Sears , seems to have no idea of what to do. I took in my machine on 3/5/08 for repair. [ Z-truck bearings making noise, and/or Z-motor gear drive, flexshaft vibrating violently ]. I did a track repair as per AskBud { thanks Bud } , kept getting " in transit to repair location " message. Checked this morn' and find " repair order has been cancelled ". Called local store, they told me they had machine back and had been repaired{lenns was dirty}. Told him that was not why I sent the machine in. And to send the machine to LHR for repair service. 3 weeks and it hasn't gotten to LHR yet. I'm losing my patience. Anyone have a number to call to help resolve this ? As usual thanks for any help.

mtylerfl
03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Theres a part of the warranty that says sears will provide on site in shop maintenance on the Compucarve once a year. Which to my understanding means they would come to my shop and service the machine and check for any problems or maintenance issues. WOW!

Now, that's funny! One can only imagine the Tech standing there scratching his head wondering what to do!

Eagle Hollow
03-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Sears , seems to have no idea of what to do. I took in my machine on 3/5/08 for repair. [ Z-truck bearings making noise, and/or Z-motor gear drive, flexshaft vibrating violently ]. I did a track repair as per AskBud { thanks Bud } , kept getting " in transit to repair location " message. Checked this morn' and find " repair order has been cancelled ". Called local store, they told me they had machine back and had been repaired{lenns was dirty}. Told him that was not why I sent the machine in. And to send the machine to LHR for repair service. 3 weeks and it hasn't gotten to LHR yet. I'm losing my patience. Anyone have a number to call to help resolve this ? As usual thanks for any help.

Just my opinion...It's time for the extended warranty buyers to complain to the Better Business Bureau and file written complaints to Sears Headquarters.
Which, by the way, is being stiffled by micromanagement from the top. It's clearly apparent the necessary information regarding the warrantee isn't reaching anyone that should know about it. They like the money...now they should perform.

If you're gonna dance, ya gotta pay the fiddler.

Jerry

jackssib1
03-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I have gotten 2 from sears in 2 months, already sent 1 back picked up another last week. ran it 1 time now the board sensor is out. I was told to remove sensor and clean, Sears tells me not to work on it, the waranty would be no good if I did. Then I was told by another Sears person, to get CW to send sensor and put it in, myself. ??? CW want send me 1 unless I buy it, because , Sears sold it. lol, Run around.
I'll try again Mon..
Dang
Jack

mtylerfl
03-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I have gotten 2 from sears in 2 months, already sent 1 back picked up another last week. ran it 1 time now the board sensor is out. I was told to remove sensor and clean, Sears tells me not to work on it, the waranty would be no good if I did. Then I was told by another Sears person, to get CW to send sensor and put it in, myself. ??? CW want send me 1 unless I buy it, because , Sears sold it. lol, Run around.
I'll try again Mon..
Dang
Jack

I am sure the folks at LHR will certainly be happy to send you the part at no charge, since your machine is still under manufacturer warranty. It does not matter at all where you purchased it...the machine is covered by LHR regardless.

I find it very, very hard to believe anyone at LHR would tell you they won't send the warranty part unless you pay for it. If that really is the case, be sure to get the person's name who told you that, then call back to report it. Again, it sure sounds very unlikely to me.

03-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Yes LHR will send you a new board sensor under warranty and it is relatively easy to change out. About a 10 minute job. The board sensors were made to change out thats why they got a clip on them. Now there may be a 5 dollar core charge billed to you credit card but it is taken off when you send in the old sensor which i believe can be sent in a what is it 43 cent envelope.

jackssib1
03-30-2008, 06:46 AM
I am going to call, Mon. AM, I think the carver is great, and would like to keep it. thx. all..
Jack

Hexe SA
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
has anyone taken the machine back to sears to have it repaired and if so how long did it take ?

I bought my first 1 st machine last March and had a close cover issue. Didn't even call Sears called LHR and had it fixed in no time. 2 months later I broke the chuck by flipping a bit, not knowing any better kept using it with horrible results and fancy firewood. Took it to back to Sear in San Antonio 2 days after the 90 day no question asked return period. They send it in to the "repair center" another store in SA. That took a week. The Repair Center had it for one, and returned it to the store 1 week later "unable to repair". I waited for 3 weeks to find that out. Got a new one from Sears. 2 Month into it I had problems with my scanning probe. Called LHR within 24 hours had my call tag, UPS picked up, 4 days later it was back at my door step with the new z-pack. One month after that broke the QC, called LHR 2 days after that had a new one and instructions how to change it. Ok my husband had to make me the ground up allen wrench but I was up and running in 3 days. I rather save my money and pay for the repair after my warrenty is up before I let Sear touch my machine again.

beachman
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I got a call from sears,they said my machine was at the repair center in Texas,but would not be back on april 2nd but april 11th instead,so i'm still giving it the wait and see,with the cost of shipping and repairs after the lhr warrenty runs out,some of us have no choice,i'll let you know what happens

mtylerfl
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I got a call from sears,they said my machine was at the repair center in Texas,but would not be back on april 2nd but april 11th instead,so i'm still giving it the wait and see,with the cost of shipping and repairs after the lhr warrenty runs out,some of us have no choice,i'll let you know what happens

Kinda sounds as if "the repair center in Texas" might be LHR.

Cmdr.Rav
04-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Sounds like what we were told when Sears began selling the CC.... no extended warranty is availible! Like some people they were sold one and it looks like it is not woth the paper it is written on! That is if nobody at Sears knows how to repair them. I wonder how they handle the warranties on other brand name tools? I know they offer warranties for them.

I never was able to get a warranty for my CC, but I would call Sears main corp and LHR to see what they will do?

Rav

Semper Fi
04-02-2008, 08:01 PM
This is being beat to death in the CarveWright Machine topic. The jury is still out, but I think Sears might lose this one.

beachman
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
latest word from sears on my machine is that they are waiting for a part to complete the repair,i'll keep posting here as i find out more

AskBud
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Just in case you do not know about tracking your repairs at Sear's, here is the link.
AskBud
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_TrackRepair?adCell=A4

SandBuoy
04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I won't worry about it being beat to death on the forum Ernie. There are enough of us here with sears machine and 5 year warranties we're all following the thread close. Going to help a lot of us out when we need to fall back on Sears for warranty work.

Semper Fi
04-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks, I just posted a bunch of new information on the other thread regarding the process and destination for Sears service with their Master Protection Agreement.

Huskermania
04-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I ordered mine from Sears a week ago and it will get to the store next week. I have until then to decide if I want the extended coverage. It sure would be nice if CW would offer their own extended coverage and take out the hit and miss middle-person. Anyone know if CW has any kind of plan like this? Thanks! This is my first post by the way. Can't wait to use this awesome machine! I have already read the online manual a couple of times and designed like 10 projects and don't have my machine yet!! AARRGGHH!!

Semper Fi
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
You know, I think LHR is smarter than Sears when it comes to this subject. Sears has already paid UPS to ship my machine back to their Texas facility and will probably pay for the return trip via UPS also. Now, combine that with the yearly cleaning and tune-up that they give with their Master Protection Agreement, and you rapidly close in on the cost of the agreement, just in transportation costs. I really wouldn't want to be in the person's shoes that did the pricing structure for this agreement when they analyze the profit line on it. :)

beachman
04-10-2008, 12:41 PM
just got word from sears,the return date has been moved from the 11th to the 25th of april.that is the 2nd time it was moved out,this time they say they are waiting on a part.they have been waiting on this part for about 9 days at the repair center in texas.I can get the part myself from lhr in 3 days and i'm in North Carolina.I guess it's time to start calling them and see if i can get an honest answer from anyone at sears at all.

sears has had the machine for 19 days now

Semper Fi
04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow, Beachman, you have more patience than I have. They have had my machine in Garland for two days now and still haven't assigned it to a technician. Tomorrow, if this status doesn't change, I plan on starting to rattle some cages. My machine wasn't hurt until they shipped it around for a week to the wrong place. All I had was a card or reader problem, but they wanted the machine sent in too. I can take that $543 and probably stock the spare parts that normally go bad myself. 19 days is ridiculous amount of time to fix our machines. "parts are on order" is one of the oldest service excuses in the world. Especially in Texas. Sears runs trucks all over Pennsylvania everyday and I'm sure Texas is no different.

Good luck, and let us know the progress you're making.

Semper Fi
04-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Sears called today while I was out fishing.............. hey, a guy has to do something while his machine is on vacation! Anyhow, the lady told my wife that parts were ordered and the machine should be back to my drop off point (my local Sears store) on May 2nd. We'll see......... more when I know more.

AskBud
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Sears called today while I was out fishing.............. hey, a guy has to do something while his machine is on vacation! Anyhow, the lady told my wife that parts were ordered and the machine should be back to my drop off point (my local Sears store) on May 2nd. We'll see......... more when I know more.
I got a similar call, from Sears Repair - Garland Texas, on Tuesday. Mine is now due 4/29/2008.
AskBud

RaccoonFace
04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I can take that $543 and probably stock the spare parts that normally go bad myself.

Interesting... Has anyone mad a comprehensive list of parts that normally go bad or wear out and their replacement costs? I've been putting my purchase off after some shenanigans at Sears as I was holding my card to pay for the tool... If I can stock a number of these parts, I'll just buy direct from CW with a bunch of extra parts. Win/Win: CW doesn't have to hear complaining from me about dealing with Sears Repair dept., and I don't have to deal with Sears Repair dept.!

I've seen in this tread and a few others that there were some parts that failed that required a complete replacement. How many potential problems like this are there (excluding things like dropping the tool, hitting the tool with your truck, etc.).

okbye

hotpop
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
RaccoonFace,

My machine is a Sears. I don't ask Sears for warranty work. I read somewhere,
maybe the CW owners manual that any machine needing repair should not be returned to the retailer.

You should not need to stock any repair parts as long as your machine is under warranty. LHR will provide you with tech support and take responsibility for any necessary shipping and repair work during the warranty period of 1 year or 200 hours.

RaccoonFace
04-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks, but, yes I understand while under warrantee everything is fine through CW. My concern was for after the warrantee. I had hoped to just drop the unit off at Sears and have them deal with the problems. Now I'm seeing that most of the problems can be resolved with a few parts (e.g. chuck, motor, sensor, board, etc.). My concern now is that Sears is unable to service the unit efficiently, and yes I also understand that they just ship the unit away... But, does Sears know that?

The bonus for me would be that I would be able to order the unit with no sales tax. That would leave me with the $150 Tax minus shipping, AND the $500 that I didn't spend on the extended warrantee in my pocket to buy parts for repair after the warrantee or extra bits, chucks, what have you. In this way projecting the possible costs of repair/maintenance over time after the standard warrantee would be a reasonable. This would also reduce "down time".

EX:
I keep a number of extra parts in-house. During the course of operation some warrantee-able part fails. I remove and replace part, then continue working. I then contact CW and jump through the hoops to have the part replaced. Replacement part arrives and goes pack into stock for another occasion that may require it.

Minimum down time, and CW sells a few extra parts... Win/Win again. But this only works if the numbers for cost and service time work out. If I'm spending $7000 in parts over the course of a year (gross exaggeration I know/hope) perhaps the $500 Sears extended warrantee is worth it. And, btw I was in Sears last week and they still offered the warrantee even after I questioned them and made certain that it was available.

okbye

Kenxxx
05-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Just after the one year CW warranty coverage was up, I had the hot Z-Truck/wobbling bit problem. Fortunately, I had bought the Sears 5 yr warranty coverage, so called local Sears store and they said bring it in packed in the original box. When the clerk called about my warranty certificate, they told her they had no idea what to do with it, so give me a new one. They ordered it and I had the new machine in three days. Best $49 I have spent in a long time!

Semper Fi
05-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Ken, how long ago did they get you a new machine? They have listed the machine as not available for at least a week and my local store shared a letter that states not to take anymore orders and the ones on order would be cancelled. Also they are to pull any literature or machines on display and await further instructions.

AskBud
08-15-2008, 05:44 AM
See this thread.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8340

MikeMcCoy
08-15-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm wondering if they have any kind of policy in place to refund those that bought the extended warranty. I had already written Sears off but I think I'll make a few phone calss and find out.

AskBud
08-15-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm wondering if they have any kind of policy in place to refund those that bought the extended warranty. I had already written Sears off but I think I'll make a few phone calss and find out.
Let's keep holding their "Feet to the FIRE".
This is not good for Sear's; CW; or any Customer.
I'm contacting the BBB today.
AskBud

FiddlemakerMills
08-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Bud you are right.

The Sears store where the wife got the machine told me today that They will no longer carry the cutterbits and refered me to LHR to get the cutter bits.

Sounds iffy to me

Carl

Semper Fi
08-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Just a quick update: My machine still isn't fixed. Sears has had it since 3/25, except for the days in transit and the days I had it to test...........failed every time. This time they have had it since the last of June and I get a call every week saying they are still awaiting parts and it will be 7 to 10 working days before it'll be fixed.

I bought an Carvewright in the mean time.

Semper Fi
09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
My Sears store owner finally got management in Texas to return his call, and they still insist LHR has a backorder for the Z Pack. He requested a new machine be sent to me because of the length of time they have had the machine without fixing it. The manager said she would get back to him on this. He told me if she doesn't get this resolved by Monday, he is going to escalate her.............. we'll see were that goes. Thank goodness I bought another machine from Carvewright!

AskBud
09-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Keep us posted.
AskBud

Semper Fi
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Seems now they need a PC Board and it is "back ordered". My store owner finally gave up on dealing with Texas and escalated to someone outside them. Turns out the part numbers they were "ordering" had some numbers transposed and thus were bad numbers. This is supposed to be resolved by tomorrow.....we'll see. God bless anybody that has to use their Sears Master Agreement!

MikeMcCoy
09-17-2008, 11:37 AM
God bless anybody that has to use their Sears Master Agreement!

Like several, I've been following this thread since I have two Sears machines and the warranty. I decided to bite the bullet and even though I haven't needed anything yet, I ordered one spare for every common problem I've read about in the forums. Now I need to see if they will refund the warranty $.

Semper Fi
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Good luck, Mike. I'll be doing the same thing if I ever get my machine back. Let us know how you make out, and if you are successful, how you went about it.

Semper Fi
09-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I finally got my machine back and it is better, but not fixed. The first test carving was uneven on the depth of the cuts and left ridges on the cut surface. I took the same board and card to my Carvewright machine and it carved the test flawlessly. I've taken the test board into my Sears store on Friday and the owner is pursuing getting me a replacement. He put in calls to Texas and his District Manager, but hasn't heard anything back yet. This is his first time to try and get a machine replaced under a 3 time failure with the Master Protection Contract. Has anyone been through this process? I know he'd appreciate any help, as would I.

Semper Fi
09-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Got a call from my store owner yesterday. Seems after getting to his district manager and them verifing with Texas my history, within 15 minutes they told him they are shipping a reconditioned machine to replace my old one. I wonder who reconditions these machines? I hope it isn't Sears in Texas. I'm done with Sears and their "Master Protection Agreements".

Semper Fi
10-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, it's over for me with my Sear's machine! I have received my refurbished machine and registered it with LHR. I had a small problem and in my call to LHR I asked if it was covered under their warranty. Omar assured me that it was for 6 months. So good-bye to Sears' Master Protection Agreement! I'm going after my money back.

Kenxxx
08-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I purchased the Sears 5 yr warranty and supposedly have coverage to 2012. I took my machine back to Sears with a copy of my warranty certificate. After one week, it came back with a $21 diagnostic fee and a note that it was not covered by warranty. I call Sears and they said my warranty was no good. Two days later, I got a call from Customer service asking if I was happy with my repair. I told him the story and he said his computer showed it to be covered by the warranty. I told him I either need a replacement machine, a repair, or talk to my lawyer. He immediately disconnected. I talked to the local Sears store manager and she gave me a special customer complaint tel #, which I called and the lady said my machine was not covered, but they would give me my money back ($49 for the warranty). I refused and she cut me off, and I have not gotten the $49. I was also told that if I had ever removed even one screw, a Sears original warranty was voided. I mentioned that LHR was good about sending repair parts and a PDF instruction sheet during the first year warranty, and she said that voided their warranty. The lesson from this is "don't buy the machine from Sears".

want2b
08-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I bought my machine from Sears in 2008, don't use it as much as some, just a hobby for me. Waited until the first year was almost up and decided I wanted the extended warranty from Sears. Had a couple of simple issues which were resolved by calling LHR during the first year ,small parts, cover switches, etc.
Had the bearings go in the Z truck, opinion is due to much lube when I lubed the flex shaft with the approved Moly based from Gunk. Oops, no mention of that possibility was given. Anyway, Sears replaced the Z truck then but when I got it back my scan probe wouldn't work. Dealt direct with LHR on the phone to fix but nobody realised the problem was due to LHR changing where the probe was connected, old on Z truck, new on side panel..
Anyway, during alll the testing/troubleshooting with LHR things went downhill so I gave it back to Sears and said ' it's broke , fix it'. They did, replaced multiple parts, machine has run great since then(Jan 09). Priced out the parts and without the labor my warranty has paid for its self. First extended warranty I ever bought, wife and I had some serious discussion on it, I just fiqure shipping to Texas would kill me,let alone repair.
Some have problem from day one, some put hundreds of hours on with minimal trouble. Guess it's like any other insurance, a gamble on needing it
Hope you're one of those who get a lot of run time, only suggestion I have is to buy the 'Rock' chuck. Definitely lessens the vibration/wear on the machine.
Rick H.

chebytrk
11-01-2009, 12:12 PM
I bought my machine from Sears in 2008, don't use it as much as some, just a hobby for me. Waited until the first year was almost up and decided I wanted the extended warranty from Sears. Had a couple of simple issues which were resolved by calling LHR during the first year ,small parts, cover switches, etc.
Had the bearings go in the Z truck, opinion is due to much lube when I lubed the flex shaft with the approved Moly based from Gunk. Oops, no mention of that possibility was given. Anyway, Sears replaced the Z truck then but when I got it back my scan probe wouldn't work. Dealt direct with LHR on the phone to fix but nobody realised the problem was due to LHR changing where the probe was connected, old on Z truck, new on side panel..
Anyway, during alll the testing/troubleshooting with LHR things went downhill so I gave it back to Sears and said ' it's broke , fix it'. They did, replaced multiple parts, machine has run great since then(Jan 09). Priced out the parts and without the labor my warranty has paid for its self. First extended warranty I ever bought, wife and I had some serious discussion on it, I just fiqure shipping to Texas would kill me,let alone repair.
Some have problem from day one, some put hundreds of hours on with minimal trouble. Guess it's like any other insurance, a gamble on needing it
Hope you're one of those who get a lot of run time, only suggestion I have is to buy the 'Rock' chuck. Definitely lessens the vibration/wear on the machine.
Rick H.

I just bought the extended warranty (5yrs) this morning. I only live about 20minutes from the Sears Repair Center so I hope that I got some good luck in getting this warranty. They told me to bring it in once every 6 months for a "free cleaning" so we'll see. My concern is that I modified the flip door to install my DC insert that I got from FHarris and I hope that if I ever take it in for something, they don't accept it because it's been "modified". I've also got a Rock Chuck in it. Anyone know if any of this will affect my warranty? I guess if I had to I could re-install the QC, but I just don't have another plastic door.

Wilbur
11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
11/3/09
Got my machine back from Sears today. Total bill was 429.54 plus shipping by UPS.

Did not cost me anything because of the 5 yr warranty I got.<br>
Parts: Z-truck , MTR mount , baring Ay , eLECTRIC , pcb , Wire guide , Spindle , Sensor , Sensor CBL , Sensor PCB , Total parts 290.54 , Total IW Service 429.54. BALANCE DUE 000.00

I have not started the machine yet but will tomorrow.

I did not get back the dust bag or bit that was in the QC when I shipped it. Will call tomorrow about that.

Point is to get warranty when you buy the CW or Sears CC. My warranty has more than paid for itself and I am sure that it will go back for repare before the next 4 yr. is up.

Wilbur

Ike
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
11/3/09
Got my machine back from Sears today. Total bill was 429.54 plus shipping by UPS.

Parts: Z-truck , MTR mount , baring Ay , eLECTRIC , pcb , Wire guide , Spindle , Sensor , Sensor CBL , Sensor PCB , Total parts 290.54 , Total IW Service 429.54. BALANCE DUE 000.00

I did not get back the dust bag or bit that was in the QC when I shipped it. Will call tomorrow about that.

Point is to get warranty when you buy the CW or Sears CC. My warranty has more than paid for itself and I am sure that it will go back for repare before the next 4 yr. is up.

Wilbur

Wilbur that is fantastic to hear some good news about the Sears warranty! You are so right it did pay for it's self and Hess should just do that with his display CC he was able to buy the warranty with the machine. Brought it home and discovered the head had been cranked up and down so much it broke a post from the base and I bet messed up the tie rod assembly too. I know that is an expensive job to rebuild the base. So that alone will pay for his!

Thanks again for sharing the good news, now if only we could get an extended warranty for the CW.

Ike

hess
11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
11/3/09

Point is to get warranty when you buy the CW or Sears CC. My warranty has more than paid for itself and I am sure that it will go back for repare before

the next 4 yr. is up.

Wilbur

Good to hear just drove mine to the repair Center today have 2 the other is on the bench at work

want2b
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I just bought the extended warranty (5yrs) this morning. I only live about 20minutes from the Sears Repair Center so I hope that I got some good luck in getting this warranty. They told me to bring it in once every 6 months for a "free cleaning" so we'll see. My concern is that I modified the flip door to install my DC insert that I got from FHarris and I hope that if I ever take it in for something, they don't accept it because it's been "modified". I've also got a Rock Chuck in it. Anyone know if any of this will affect my warranty? I guess if I had to I could re-install the QC, but I just don't have another plastic door.

Didn't think to post the $$$ amount of my experiences, not sure of an exact amount . My best guess is they have replaced at least $600 in parts without labor. I can remember a new Z truck, a new computer, a new Z pack, both door switches for sure and there were several other items. Thiat doesn't include what it would have cost to ship it myself where I delivered it to Sears and they shipped it.(saw the stickers and they used Fedex)
If you get a good one, the warranty is a lot of $ for nothing but if you have any problems after the initial warranty the shipping alone adds up.
Good luck, Rick H

hess
11-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Didn't think to post the $$$ amount of my experiences, not sure of an exact amount . My best guess is they have replaced at least $600 in parts without labor. I can remember a new Z truck, a new computer, a new Z pack, both door switches for sure and there were several other items. Thiat doesn't include what it would have cost to ship it myself where I delivered it to Sears and they shipped it.(saw the stickers and they used Fedex)
If you get a good one, the warranty is a lot of $ for nothing but if you have any problems after the initial warranty the shipping alone adds up.
Good luck, Rick H

And lets face it 5 years is a long time something is going to give no matter how good the unit is

I been told they will replace it even up to the last day of the WP now I would not want to do that but who knows what happens

chebytrk
11-04-2009, 08:10 AM
So I wonder if I'll ever have a problem because I've cut my flip cover to use the DC insert that I got from FWHarris? Also installed my good ol' Rock Chuck too. I hate to call them and "set myself up". Maybe I'll call them and tell them I'm Al Who? :-D Just joking Al !

Wilbur
11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Know what you mean. I did replace my rock with the QC for thr trip. Just in case.
I just started a carving and so far everything looking good.
I am now thinking about getting another one and for sure with warranty.
In five yr you will need it for sure. I don't belive one will run for 5 yr with out a problum. Not the way I run it any way.

Wilbur

Wilbur
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Well I started the machine up today and started having Z axis stall and Y axis stall.
Got to looking and found that when they replaced the Z truck and Barings they left the Barings loose. Just got through fighting everything up and plane to give it a work out tomorrow.
Someone not paying good attention over at sears.

Wilbur