PDA

View Full Version : very dumb question

jerrbitt
03-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm probably in too much of a hurry to do someth8ing with the machine since It has been inoperative since received two weeks ago --faluty programmer--but since my probe just arrived maybe I can use it.

But, where the heck is the software for it and/or a tutorial?

sweliver
03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
The software is already in designer. You need to go to the help/manage licenses/ then follow the instructions. The registration number is printed on the back flap of the CD with the probe. Don't reload the CD as it may be an old version of designer. If it is...you can reupdate to 126 (I know, I did it).

When you purchase a pattern off CW, you follow the same steps.

The instructions are on the CD pouch

I just remembered...take out the nice felt tray in the box and the CD should be there.

Steve

Amonaug
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Also under the felt I found a small manual.

Bflat5
03-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Just in case someone is still confused, like I was, as to how to access the editor once the code is entered, you have to open a patterns from the "pattern tool". Just find a pattern from the list and double click it and it will open in the editor.

Oh yeah... I installed the software that came with the probe too... :rolleyes:

ChrisAlb
03-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Just in case someone is still confused, like I was, as to how to access the editor once the code is entered, you have to open a patterns from the "pattern tool". Just find a pattern from the list and double click it and it will open in the editor.

Oh yeah... I installed the software that came with the probe too... :rolleyes:

Actually, that's not 100% true. If you double click on any pattern "you didn't create", the Editor won't open. You'll just get the message that you can't edit a pattern you didn't create.

The only three ways I know to open the Editor is....

1) by downloading a scan from the memory card

2) by opening an image file through the Designer file open menu (you have to choose File type "images" or "all Files" to display images)

3) by double clicking on a pattern you made.

The Pattern Editor IS the probe software.

Hope that helps

Chris