PDA

View Full Version : You know what I'll be doing for a while...

sweliver
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Today I planed, jointed, resawed, 24 bf of walnut. Brought home another 20 bf of surfaced birch. Rec'd my scanning probe and 3/8 str cut bit from CW. Rec'd about 5 sq/ft of 1/4 Corian. Glued up a new sign board, modified my sign sled. Revamped a couple signs in designer. As we speak the machine is happily carving a 2.3 hr project included below. It's based off the flying eagle NRA tutorial. The left side of the light house will be the board edge, the top right arched piece will be cut free. I'm making this sign for our anniversary trip to Door County, WI. We started RV'ing a couple of years ago and I thought it would be unique to have a sign prepared for each trip.

Gotta go vacuum out the machine.

Steve

Ivanq
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Please post a pic of your project after you carve if you will. Very curious because I wrote the NRA tutorial and like to see if it helped anyone.

Cliff in Roswell

sweliver
03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Fresh out of the machine...I'm admiring it right now. I'm going to do a surface sand before I post a pre-finish photo.

Good job with the tutorial. Easy to follow. As I was watching the machine do the full thickness carves I was thinking if it'd be possible to assign a bigger bit to speed things up in the full thickness carve areas.

This is a keeper!

sw