PDA

View Full Version : DownDraft Table

roughcut
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I have the bottom off my machine,waiting for parts from CW , any I noticed there were louvers in it to provide air for the power supply and the controller
The way I had my downdraft table,blocked the louvers, so I revised my design . For pictures of my new design visit http://billsroughcut.com/5.html
I am sure those electronic parts need all the air they can get.

Jeff_Birt
03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
You care entirely correct that the louvers are there for airflow to the electronics. However, you DO NOT want your downdraft pulling air through the machines bottom louvers as that will only pull sawdust into the electronics bay. Just keep the rubber feet on your machine and do not block or seal the perimeter of the machine.

Bill
03-20-2008, 02:32 PM
deleated was same answer as birt

mostlycold
03-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Jeff,

I'm want to make sure I understand, I can seal the slot from end to end with a downdraft device but leave the rest of the machine bottom open for air flow to the louvers.

Thanx,
Dan

Jeff_Birt
03-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Right. If your down draft pull air through the louvers it will also pull sawdust in, which would not be good. The machine was designed so that the small gap underneath it allows for adequate convective airflow to the electronics.