PDA

View Full Version : TRAIN anyone

LittleRedWoodshop
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
This was carved from a pattern that I made up while I was without my machine. I think it carved very well. Pattern available in the DEPOT.

Train Pic (http://tallented.hypermart.net/train_pic.JPG)

Any Guesses on the Finish.

badger
03-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Nice burn there.

Kenm810
03-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Great Detail and a Super finishing Job

LittleRedWoodshop
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Just wanted to take a minute and say Thank You, and yes Badger it is a burn job.

SandBuoy
03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice work Jason and thanks for sharing. Is that last train shown a cut out? I would really be interested in making one of those. Is it possible to get the program for it?

mtylerfl
03-20-2008, 08:06 PM
...Any Guesses on the Finish.

Hello Jason,

I'll guess...propane torch, then stain and clearcoat.

LittleRedWoodshop
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
The pattern is on the Pattern Depot and yes you are correct. An old effect that my dad used to do, the propane torch, stain and clearcoat.

I actually kinda like it. The next one will be hand painted, just didn't have time to do this one.

mtylerfl
03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
The pattern is on the Pattern Depot and yes you are correct. An old effect that my dad used to do, the propane torch, stain and clearcoat.

I actually kinda like it. The next one will be hand painted, just didn't have time to do this one.

I love that effect also! I have a couple raccoon patterns that I thought would look good if torched around the "bandit" eye area (instead of using paint). Even thought about making a metal template to shield the surrounding areas around the eyes.

Haven't gotten around to carving my own raccoon project yet and I forgot all about it until I saw your wonderful train project!