PDA

View Full Version : Want to carve test piece (2' instead of 8')

Trader Howland
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I've created a piece of trim 3.5" x 8' long. I want to give it a test run on a 2' x 3.5" piece instead of running the whole length through.

Can I just edit my board settings down to 2' and save the file as test.mpc (or whatever) and run it through--even though the design elements are still running 8' down the length, but are invisible, OR, do I need to delete ALL but 2 feet of the design elements before I can do this?

I guess a simpler question would be: Does the machine read the board settings/measurements or the areas that have design work created in the software--does this make sense?
Thanks up front.

Old Salt
03-19-2008, 01:21 PM
the machine will use board length on pattern . to run a test make new pattern say 3.5 x 9 add you pattern to 3 ' of it in center an run.

hotpop
03-19-2008, 01:23 PM
You can just change the board length to 24' in designer and leave the pattern hang out.

pkunk
03-19-2008, 02:25 PM
You can just change the board length to 24' in designer and leave the pattern hang out.
Minus the 7" needed to keep it under rollers, makes it 17" in Designer.:)

Trader Howland
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Minus the 7" needed to keep it under rollers, makes it 17" in Designer.:)

So--I edit the board settings down to 17 inches and insert a board that is 24 inches and the machine will take care of the 3 in. on each end for the roller to hold down?

Still w/o deleting any linework?

Trader Howland
03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I guess I should also add--I'm a complete newbie-haven't even plugged my machine in yet! So I'm in the process of finding some things out through the manual, just bear with my newb questions if you can please. ;) Your answers are MUCH appreciated and I do use the search function frequently with varying degrees of success.

TIMCOSBY
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
put the 8' board in and watch it. if you don't like the outcome after 2' then lift the lid and take the board out. that seems the simpliest to me cause when you change the board size all the patterns will go ever which way.