PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got It

optionman
03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
seeing (and hearing) the machine work in person is worth hours of reading posts. all the talk about rollers meant nothing until i saw how the rollers actually operate, especially during the measuring phase. as soon as my first project started, i quickly understood all the posts discussing chipping of small detail.

having zero woodworking experience i find the cw very easy to use and fascinating to watch. after quickly aborting my first project after realizing that chipping would ruin it's look, i successfully finished a sample 1.5 hour project without incident. Going back to the drawing board on some of my designs after seeing how exactly the cw carves, but i'm hooked.

FYI, i stood next to the machine for over an hour with noise canceling headphones and the noise was easy to tolerate.

Can someone please tell me about diffferent types of wood, esp their hardness. will i experience chipping with very hard wood, such as cherry?

thanks and i look forward to posting images this weekend

Ken Massingale
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Hardwoods such as Cherry, Maple, Ash, White Oak, etc. should chip out less that Pine/Cedar since they are more dense.
k