PDA

View Full Version : machine 1 /operator 0

skeeterman
03-19-2008, 07:52 AM
I have been playing with machine for about three weeks now.and machine is doing great no malfunctions, but i cant get the results i want,or should be expected. I am positive it is operator eror, just not sure what i am doing wrong.(one example) I had board cut 10"x10" place design in and routed the edges. The design was alright but the routed edges were way off. one end (the lenght)was routed to much the other none at all, on the width cuts the rout was not noticable at all, just barely rounded the edge.
this is just one of a few but it seamed to be the one i think needed addressed first,
thanks

Gunner
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Was your actual board 7" longer and 1" wider than your designer board? If not , add those dimensions to your actual board that you put into the machine and it should come out alright. You will have to trim off the excess. Or you can search for board length posts onder the "search function". Top of the screen 3rd from right.

skeeterman
03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
so when i put board dimensions in . i dont put the actual dimension of the board i am inserting into machine? very confusing I looked in the search area you were talking about did not see anything offhand discussing this. I do not remember reading in the tuturials saying you had to add non existing length and width to your actual board size, why do you do that?

optionman
03-19-2008, 11:50 AM
if u tell the software that the board is 10x12 and u want it to stay under the rollers, u have to have a 17x12 board or a sled with 3.5inches extra of wood (at the same height as your work-piece) on either end. then the machine will look at your file, see that it's 10in. wide and check the board size to see if you have the needed extra wood at each end. if you don't it will prompt you to either scale the project or put in a new board.

hope this helps

skeeterman
03-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your help , I looked back and found some tips and tricks from Jeff Birt and it explained about adding seven inches. as i posted at first
Machine 1 Operator 0, but i am gaining on it

mtylerfl
03-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your help , I looked back and found some tips and tricks from Jeff Birt and it explained about adding seven inches. as i posted at first
Machine 1 Operator 0, but i am gaining on it

Hello skeeterman,

Please download and read the December 2007 issue #3 of the CarveWright Tips & Tricks Newsletter (http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html). It will teach you how to avoid the most common "pilot errors" when setting up your projects...including the subject of adding the extra 7" length to the actual board you carve on versus the board length you specified in the Designer software.

NOTE: It's not normally necessary to add any extra width to your project board, unless there are some "special" circumstances that would require that - such as a "full board-width" carve region that would otherwise cause a complete void across the entire width of the board.