PDA

View Full Version : Another Cut Path question

andes
03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I've read loads of stuff on the forum and went through the cut path doc that was written by Bob Hill; but when I outline the pattern, the cut remains greyed out, so I must be missing somthing. I'm trying to create this paddle. Could someone tell me what I've missed.

Thanks

Andes

Jeff_Birt
03-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Your pattern has really ragged edges that the outline pattern routine cant follow so you wind up with three separate sections to your outline. A cut path only works on a close path or a path where both end go past the edge of a board. If you can improve the pattern a bit you should be able to get it to work.

andes
03-18-2008, 10:44 PM
ok, I will have to either rework it or redo it. Thanks Jeff.

Andes

andes
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Ok, I completely re-did the design, and I am still missing something, still can't cut path, I'm sure that I'm missing a line connection some were, but can't find it. I think I'll work on it tomorrow. If anyone can see what I've missed please let me know. Thanks

Andes

Jeff_Birt
03-19-2008, 01:24 AM
I hooked together the broken paths and then figure out that you had mirrored some of them. Unfortunately you can join mirrored paths in order to do a cut path either. So, I copied the top half and flipped it vertically and then joined them together.

andes
03-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Cool, didn't know about that you couldn't mirror on a cut path; but I sure will remember that for future projects LOL. I for one am glad that this forum exist ;-} It sure makes learning a lot less painful and you meet some really nice folks to boot. ;-} Thanks for the help.

Andes

Gary Koval
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Andes, looks like Jeff fixed you up. Here's a pattern that I did for my son last spring that your welcome to, it was a hit with the kids in the fraternity.
Gary

andes
03-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey thanks Gary, cool paddles.

Andes