PDA

View Full Version : clarity of picture

judyb
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I have a question.

I have imported a high quality image into the carvewright program. it actually already looks good and does not require much tweeking. However, when I change things like the dept or bit optimization (for example), the image becomes CRYSTAL clear for a couple of moments until it applies the changes!!

In between steps, the image is SOOO clear it's AMAZING! and then it applies the changes and NEVER gives the clarity of what it show in between the changes. It's still good...but never as clear and clean cut.

How can I get the image to be that clear? why is it doing that? what am I doing wrong?

thanks

Judy

hotpop
03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
My screen seems to do just the opposite. When I zoom or pick tools the screen slightly blurs then go sharp.

Try dropping another pattern on your board and see if it stills occurs. Perhaps your original pattern isn't as sharp as you think it is.

HighTechOkie
03-17-2008, 05:34 PM
What you are seeing is the actual image resolution, and then the result after trying to trace(carve) that image with a 1/16" bit. The image you are using has a higher resolution (dots per inch) than the machine can reproduce using a 1/16" bit.

Rob

Ron
03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
it could be your video on your computer

Kenm810
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I think you right Rob, Mine does it all the time.
I could only wish the carvings would come out as clear as it is in that brief second or two,
before reality brings the carving back to what the 1/16" bit is capable of rendering. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

judyb
03-18-2008, 08:30 AM
To answer your questions:
yes it does that with other images too.
and my video card is as good as can be.

I think Rob is right about it showing the image resolution. that is the only thing that makes sense to me. I was, however, hoping I was wrong and that I could render the final project as clear as that image.

last question: is the 1/16 bit the best bit for high quality results?

thanks again

Judy