PDA

View Full Version : Downdraft - Cabinet Style

jerrbitt
03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Got a lot of good ideas about downdraft tables from this forum. Decided that I’d prefer a cabinet to be able to store CW stuff with a built in downdraft. After costing out what it would run me to build it out of plywood, I took the lazy man’s way out and bought a surplus kitchen cabinet. All told, I think this was actually a cheaper route and certainly, more time saving for CARVING and things like that.

Any way, for those interested, I took a few picture of the project – almost finished but needing some trim pieces.

By the way, the plastic duct outlet is from an older DeWalt planer that I somehow acquired. Fit perfectly between the drawer slides.

fwharris
03-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Got a lot of good ideas about downdraft tables from this forum. Decided that I’d prefer a cabinet to be able to store CW stuff with a built in downdraft. After costing out what it would run me to build it out of plywood, I took the lazy man’s way out and bought a surplus kitchen cabinet. All told, I think this was actually a cheaper route and certainly, more time saving for CARVING and things like that.

Any way, for those interested, I took a few picture of the project – almost finished but needing some trim pieces.

By the way, the plastic duct outlet is from an older DeWalt planer that I somehow acquired. Fit perfectly between the drawer slides.

Hey jerrbitt,

Great design!
I too took a cheap way out for setting up my shop bench. I went to our local "Habit for Humanity" recycling center a picked up 2 base cabinets and counter top (1 1/2" thick) all for less than $50. It took less than 30 min. to set up. A lot quicker and cheaper than building from scratch.

Hope to see some of your work..

rcdages
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
That sure looks nice and know it will work out well for storage of CW stuff.
rcdages
Robert