PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text Help-Not carving all the wood

peter_l
03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

I am making an address sign, using centerline text.

It is showing that all the wood in the text will be removed. I have not tried to carve yet.

I would prefer it all the wood on the number would be removed. I tried both the 60* and 90* V-Groove bit.

I have attached a copy of what the screen is showing.

Any suggestions to accomplish what I am trying to do? I can also upload the MPC file if that would help.

Thanks

Peter

Jeff_Birt
03-16-2008, 09:47 PM
It all depends on teh font you are using. If you are set on a certain font then you will have to modify the font in a font editing program to do what you want. Or, try alternate fonts.

LittleRedWoodshop
03-16-2008, 11:21 PM
If you have that font on BOLD try shuting it off.

sweliver
03-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Centerline carves along the "centerline" of the font....

if you want bas relief choose raster or outline in the "edit text" box.

sw

cnsranch
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I haven't experienced this personally, yet, but I've read in the threads that if your letter or number size is larger than the bit you're using, you'll see the effect you have. I understand that a number of folks are using a sign carver bit - apparently it is somewhat flat on the bottom, eliminating the amount you see left on your pic.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

pkunk
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
A sign carving bit is 1" wide & has a larger rounded bottom that will mostly eliminate that center ridge. Also, some fonts carve BIG better than others depending on how wide they get in those sections. Bold is out as the height goes up. I used the 90° bit in the software but subbed the sign bit for the carve.