PDA

View Full Version : Downdraft Table Slot Size

zman
03-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Can someone tell me as to what size to cut the slot on my table for the downdraft to work correctly?

Thanks
Zman

fwharris
03-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Can someone tell me as to what size to cut the slot on my table for the downdraft to work correctly?

Thanks
Zman

Zman,

Make your slot the same size as the opening on the bottom of the CW. Make sure you use some gasket material around the opening.

RudeDog
03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I'd like to know the exact dimensions of the slot in the bottom of the machine, and exactly where it is relative to the edges of the bottom of the machine. You see, my CarveWright has not arrived yet and I'm am building the downdraft table now so I'm ready when it gets here. The dimensions of the bottom of the machine would also useful.

I"m planing to use an 18"x24" surface mounted on a work table rated for 1000 lbs. I'll put a layer of rubber on the top of the table for dampening.

Thanks
Rick

sweliver
03-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Get your table ready cause the machine kicks ***...or is it arse? No it's ***...but CW will probably censor ***. Anyway get the table ready...when the machine arrives, remove the bottom panel...trace the slot onto your table...cut it out...viola.

Your avatar is earily familiar. Look at this one...this poor dog has been through the ringer...literally. What's your breed?.

sw

DocWheeler
03-17-2008, 07:35 AM
The slot is 2" X 17" +- 1/8"

HTH

RudeDog
03-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks, got it.