PDA

View Full Version : Big Sale At Sears Today Saturday

Baumer
03-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I seen Sears had a sale today on CC, Like $1500.00. It's not in stock but still on sale. :razz:

Baumer

wynpotter
03-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I went to the local Sears and they will give me a RainCheck for the sale price but the CompuCarve is not a Craftsman product but there is a sale on it also at $1519 on the online store(have to check it out). So if this works out I will get it locally when it's available at sale price. The mgr said it might be awhile(who knows what that mean) before it's back in stock.
Now life being what it is all this maybe a bit off since I have no way to confirm yet.
FWTW Wyndham

quixdraw
03-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Sears.com Has Auctions On Ebay For Compucarves---saw One For Just Over $100---only Thing Is It Must Be Picked Up At Warehouse In Ohio!

mwildes
03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I attempted to order a Compucarve online this morning and was stopped since it is out of stock.

I then called the 1-800 number to order by phone and was told I could not order it, since it was out of stock. I explained that I didn't care about the backorder status, but I still could not order.

After reading the post here about the possibility of a raincheck, I drove straight away the 35 miles to the closest Sears Store, just to be told by their manager that they do not issue rainchecks, nor would they let me place an order for backorder status. According to him, the machines are not expected until the end of April.

Nice sale though. Grab the rainchecks if you can get 'em.

Marty

fwharris
03-15-2008, 05:15 PM
I attempted to order a Compucarve online this morning and was stopped since it is out of stock.

I then called the 1-800 number to order by phone and was told I could not order it, since it was out of stock. I explained that I didn't care about the backorder status, but I still could not order.

After reading the post here about the possibility of a raincheck, I drove straight away the 35 miles to the closest Sears Store, just to be told by their manager that they do not issue rainchecks, nor would they let me place an order for backorder status. According to him, the machines are not expected until the end of April.

Nice sale though. Grab the rainchecks if you can get 'em.

Marty

Marty,
I was just on the Sears site and was seeing if the craftsman club discount would apply for some more savings and got held up also at check out do to out of stock.. did notice though that on check out it did offer the extended warranty plans.. I was not really buying just seeing if the CC club was offering additional savings...

mwildes
03-15-2008, 05:27 PM
FWHarris, did they extend a Craftsman Club discount in addition to the 20% sale? That would be a GREAT deal!

fwharris
03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
FWHarris, did they extend a Craftsman Club discount in addition to the 20% sale? That would be a GREAT deal!

It would not let me get that far because of the back order status. I was just curious because of a prior post about the CC discount..was hoping to post here that it did apply..

wynpotter
03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I did get the rain check but I don't know if it will be honored when the machine gets available. If it does great, if not I'll wait til the next sale.
Wyndham

Canute
03-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I picked up two bit sets. One was the straight bits aprox $89 and the other was the edge bits aprox $160 they both came in bit boxes. Those prices were before the discount. Combined they make a full bit set and 2 bit boxes for less than $299 :o

auriclux
03-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for pointing out the sale.

Because Sears matches price for 30 days after purchase, I was able to call in to Sears.com and get the 20% discount for the machine I bought two weeks back.

I'm told that the discount will appear as a credit to my charge account.

SilentBob
03-15-2008, 11:04 PM
auriclux,
You're my new best friend!!!!
I just got off the phone with Sears about their Price Match policy and I too will have a fatter wallet on the next credit card billing cycle. Without your post I would not have known about this policy.
Thankyou, thank you, thank you!
Bob

slacker361
03-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Sears.com Has Auctions On Ebay For Compucarves---saw One For Just Over $100---only Thing Is It Must Be Picked Up At Warehouse In Ohio!

yeah i tried my best to win one of those. the lowest price went for $928.00, the highest was around $1300

auriclux
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM
SilentBob?

You're welcome.