PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Lithos

kculm
03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Has anyone used the 1/4 thick White Cast Acrylic that is on the CW Store. I have gone through 4 pieces and still have not gotten it to look right. Frist of all I need to load my board so that when it mesures the sensor is over wood. I was told by CW I hade a bad sensor so I replaced it. My setting are this.

I have my 8 X 10 1/4 Think White Cast Acrylic in the center of a 20 x 12. (I have a 8x10 1/4 deep pocket) The board is 1" Thick.

My carve settings are 0.150 D 400 H I Have done it Inverted both was.

If some one has carved with the 1/4 thick White Cast Acrylic can you post it so I can see what it should look like and what setting you used.

also can you tell me your sensor reading when it is over the Acrylic .

Thanks

eromran
03-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Has anyone used the 1/4 thick White Cast Acrylic that is on the CW Store. I have gone through 4 pieces and still have not gotten it to look right. Frist of all I need to load my board so that when it mesures the sensor is over wood. I was told by CW I hade a bad sensor so I replaced it. My setting are this.

I have my 8 X 10 1/4 Think White Cast Acrylic in the center of a 20 x 12. (I have a 8x10 1/4 deep pocket) The board is 1" Thick.

My carve settings are 0.150 D 400 H I Have done it Inverted both was.

If some one has carved with the 1/4 thick White Cast Acrylic can you post it so I can see what it should look like and what setting you used.

also can you tell me your sensor reading when it is over the Acrylic .

Thanks

If you could post a picture of it, it would be easier to see what you are talking about. Also when you say your not getting the look your wanting are you looking at it streight on or holding it up to the light? it will probally look much better holding it up to the light.

jpaluck
03-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Keith if you go to this thread http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6479
I posted an MPC of a litho that turned out good soo you can see all the settings...hope this helps

John

kculm
03-15-2008, 04:39 PM
John was that done on the Cast Acrylic From the CW store.

jpaluck
03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
no that was done w/ 1/4 corian

kculm
03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
If you could post a picture of it, it would be easier to see what you are talking about. Also when you say your not getting the look your wanting are you looking at it streight on or holding it up to the light? it will probally look much better holding it up to the light.

I had all ready trashed it. But I can tell you this. The carving looked OK but when you held it to the light all it looked like was piece translucent acrylic
being with a light behind it. It looked nothing like what I see some of you doing.