PDA

View Full Version : very apprehensive

sewpeck
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I ordered my machine over a month ago. Wanting to be one up on my brother I called him and told him I ordered it. After he stopped laughing he told me about all the bad reviews the machine had recieved, which I then went out and read. After my machine arrived I unboxed it and let it sit until yesterday. I read everything I could find on the machine. After much apprehension I designed this photo frame for my brother (he is into radio-controlled planes, I crashed his really favorite one and to this day he never ever hands me the controls.) I must say the machine performed great. The software is easy to use and I have nothing but praise for it. I purchased the bit set and centerline as I plan to do a lot of framing projects. I see a lot of potential and I hope the machine continues working this well. To any new users and to old users as well. LEARN YOUR MACHINE, there's more to this than turning on a switch, it's advanced technology. Here is a picture of the frame. The cutouts and all the edge routing I did with other tools as not really wanting to labor the Carvewright.

DocWheeler
03-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Sewpeck,

Thanks for the positive feedback, and Welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of frustrations that people have experienced - those are the posts most often made.

Gunner
03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Welcome,
Hope you have as much fun carving as I do. Nice first project.

Router-Jim
03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Welcome Sewpeck, really nice sign and good story.

I would have done the cutouts with the machine, but I would do the outside routing just like you did......with a handheld. Why use a $2000 machine when a $100 machine will do.

mtylerfl
03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Very nice, Sewpeck!

luckettg
03-14-2008, 11:57 AM
It is sweet to hear some good news!

Thank you.:D

www.go3d.us
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Nice looking picture frame. And You are right about this machine.
HT

TerryT
03-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Cool. I have been involved in RC aircraft for about 45 years. There is a great triplane pattern in the pattern sharing section. Make him a sign with it just to rub it in a bit.