PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Buttons on new machine don't work!

amanda0101
03-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Brought home my brand new machine, hooked it up to my downdraft table, and it doesn't work! It turns on but when I hit "1" it says "square or joint". So I hit stop, go back to project menu from option 4, hit enter and it works. Once I get to "stay under rollers" it won't let me hit the "1" button. Even if I hit the "2" 90% of the time it ends up somewhere else. Anyone have any suggestions before I send it back again? I was so excited to have my machine back, this is so dissapointing especially if I have to wait another 2 weeks for it to get repaired.

Jeff_Birt
03-13-2008, 09:45 PM
That does stink...Is this a new machine or did you have it repaired? I would first reformat the memory card and then check where the ribbon cable plugs into the keypad (look inside machine behind keypad._

amanda0101
03-13-2008, 10:16 PM
It is a brand new machine since my other one had so many problems sears suggested just getting a replacement. I opened it up and the ribbon going into the keypad is torn and the prongs are all broken off :( Anyone know how long it takes to get a new ribbon? I would pay to have it overnighted, I miss working on it. I know there are so many good machines out there I feel really unlucky that I keep getting these.

Jeff_Birt
03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
The prongs are broken off the keypad circuit board? Wow...I think CW will need to send you a new keypad and ribbon cable to fix that...

amanda0101
03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
The prongs are broken off the keypad circuit board? Wow...I think CW will need to send you a new keypad and ribbon cable to fix that...

Not off of the keypad circuit board but off of the little female end that connects the ribbon to the board. The prongs that have to go through the ribbon to send out the signals. The keypad looks fine. The little case where the prongs are on the ribbon was broken too so I am thinking that when the casing was put on over the prongs that go through the ribbon it wasn't lined up right and broke. I will call first thing tomorrow and hopefully they have some there and can just overnight it. I hope it is not like the cutmotor situation where they don't have any available to ship.

Gunner
03-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Amanda,
Was the shipping carton damaged? It would seem that something like that would have been seen during testing before the machine was shipped out. I don't know if they will overnight parts. Please let us know if they do. Good luck.

liquidguitars
03-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I had this happen to me when I removed the side panal to fix one of the roller sensors..

The new cable is not to hard to replace but you will have to remove the bottom and side plates to get at it.
1hr or so job max.

LG