PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card

jerrbitt
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Have looked at FAQ's and did a Search but nowhere have I found information that will help me with the memory card.

I have it connected to my computer, and have tried various USB ports, but all I get when I try to upload a pattern, is the Flash device could not be intialized.. I get the same message when I try the Flash Manager.

I do get the normal computer messsage when I plug the UB cable in -- Found new hardware.

Thought maybe the card has to be formatted but I have'nt found information concerning that and it is probably in the Flash Manager program.

This is a brand new out of the box system so perhaps I have a bad memory card?

Suggestions please.

Dan-Woodman
03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Do you have a green light when your card reader is plugged in?

Jeff_Birt
03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
There seems to have been 3-4 folks who have received a bad memory card in the last few months. Give CW a call, they will be able to walk you through some quick troubleshooting steps and send you a new card under warranty if needed.

jerrbitt
03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Yep have a green light. Called tech support but apparently they are busy -- was promised a call back in 24 hours.

Did plug it into the machine and apparently it read it okay..

Kenm810
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
jerrbitt,

Just so you don't feel to alone, my Memory Card for my CC Machine has never shown up on my computer as a removable drive or anything else. All my other memory sticks and flash cards are assigned a drive letter and the computer signals me with a set of ascending tones when ever I plug them in to one of my USB hubs or ports, and each time I unplug one of them from my computer it signals me again with a set of descending tones and the drive letter is removed. When I plug my Card Reader and Card in,
or unplug it, all I get are the tones and the green light. If it weren't for the tones and green light you would never even know it was there. Aside from that it works fine,
and does everything it's supposed to do. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

jlitz
03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
jerrbitt,

Just so you don't feel to alone, my Memory Card for my CC Machine has never shown up on my computer as a removable drive or anything else. All my other memory sticks and flash cards are assigned a drive letter ...

The memory card will never appear as a drive and is only officially accessible through Designer.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes i also noticed that the device doesnt show up as new hardware. I just have always accepted that the green light means ready to upload red when it is uploading and green again when it is safe to disconnect.

Mt. Joy Woodworker
03-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I purchased a Sears Compucarve system on 03/01/08. My system will not turn on passed the welcome dislay saying Carvewright Woodworking Machine. After several calls to Sears and 4 calls to cw, first they thought it was a bad Control Panel Keypad Assembly. Then it was maybe a sotware issue, I updated to latest verison. Still no luck. Then they had remove the bottom access panel. Pull off every connection that I could and put them back again. Still the same problem. Called again today and now they think it maybe the memory card or card reader on the machine. So they are going to send me another memory card to try. After having the machine for 2 weeks and still not being able to even turn on the machine. I'm not sure I made a wise purchase.

Jeff_Birt
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Mt. Joy, don't despair. It does sound like your memory card might be bad. In the past few months there have been a handful of reports here on the forum of similar problems. Don't worry CW will get you fixed up! Please followup when you get your new card/reader and let us know if that takes care of the problem.

Mt. Joy Woodworker
03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Jeff - It was the Memory Card. I received a new card in the mail from CW just the other day. And with a new card the machine finally came to life. So I must be one of the lucky ones to have a bad memory card. Looking forward to getting some projects off the ground.

Thanks Jerry