PDA

View Full Version : board sensor problems

mdoyle7272
03-12-2008, 01:47 PM
I have had board sensor problems before just wiped off the underneath and the machine started now it is not doing it at all. I took the screws off the bottom of the sensor and shot some comressed air into it a few timw and it seemed to remove quite a bit of dust put it back together and still nothing. I have a peice of pine in it and the check sensor reads 31. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Mark:confused::confused::confused:

DocWheeler
03-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Mark,

31 is a very low reading if the head is cranked down, it should be in the 150's.
If you carefully detach the wire to it, the cover can be removed. It is attached by four posts near its corners.
Slip something sharp under the thin cover and start it off.
Be careful not to lose the very small clear cover. It sounds like there is dust in that part!

mdoyle7272
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
When I dropped itdown it looked liked it was attached by 4 wires in a plug I blew that out. Not very much rook to take the plug off of it. I also tried to put a peice of white paper in it and it still read 31. I put a mirror under it and it read 135.

Thanks,
mark

DocWheeler
03-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Mark,

If I recall correctly the plug is white and detaches from the circuit board rather easily, although I think I asked my wife to do it with her smaller hands.

After you take the plug off, you can get inside. The cover is very thin and sits upon a raised area, be careful when taking it apart (fragile and a small clear window).

There is a lot here on the forum about it.

benluz
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Hello, you have to remove the sensor ,two screws prt off the plastic cover and get the dust that gets behind the lens out,I ended up takes the clear plastic lens out, no I just blow up in the hole with hvlp from my spray system so as not to damage anything.And I still get the clean board sensor message ,but now just a little air takes it all away, you can also take silcone and seal all around the circuit board and any place it looks dust can get in and this will give you a longer period between cleanings ,but removing the clear cover has worked best for me.Just don't blow up in the hole with hi-pressure or you will blow the leds off the board !
Ben

David Myers
03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
I had a bad sensor a few weeks back and I removed mine and openred it up and cleaned the small lens. Be careful that small lens wants to run away and hide. I re-assembled the sensor and sealed it with a hot glue gun with clear glue (do not put any over the clear plastic lens) and I also added plenty of glue to the circuit board to keep it from moving around. After a few carves the board sensor went out for good. I called LHR and they sent me a new one that had been modifided. The new sensor was sealed like I had done with my old one and the circuit board was also glue to the black mount. You will have to send your old sensor in before they will send you a replacement or you can pay/charge the $5.00 core charge and they will send one out right away. The new sensor has been working fine. A little compressed air and a soft cloth wiping the lens is all you should need to keep it from causing errors.

P.S. Yes the 4 wires and connector could be a little longer to make it easier to remove and reinstall.

David

zeke
03-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Is there anything special about removing the connector? Did you have to squeeze any portion of the connector or does it just pull straight off?

Any special technique to this so as to not accidentally loosen the wires attached to the connector, did you use a screw driver, pliers or just use good old fashioned fingers?

Is there a link somewhere on the optimal approach to removing the sensor. There are so many posts on this, figured there is a probably a procedure posted somewhere.

hotpop
03-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Is there anything special about removing the connector?

There is nothing special about it. As I remember it there is no latch on the connector. It is keyed so you can't put it back together backwards. If you got fat fingers use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the connector apart. Do not pull on the wires.

jackssib1
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I used it 1st time today, worked great then. I tried to do another one, and says clear sensor. I did that. I checked sensor reading, I got 0, nuttin. zip.
I cleaned it good. but nuttin.
Guess the sensors are only good for 1 time,,lol
Thx. Jack