PDA

View Full Version : CC/CW Carts-Need ideas/Photos

peter_l
03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi All,

I am going to be building a rolling cart for my compucarve this weekend.

Plan to incorporate a small downdraft area at the top of the table that I can connect to my dust collector. Also planning to add 1 or 2 drawers to store bits, etc in.

Looking at about 24" square and about 30" tall.

If you have made something to keep your machine on, please post a photo.

Thanks

Pete

Bflat5
03-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Funny you mention this. I have this on my agenda to do this week too.

FINGERS
03-12-2008, 01:20 AM
If it helps you I posted some picturns of my machine on a midersaw stand I got from menards if you do a search for my posting you can see if this would work for you, there are some photos of the down-draft system I hooked-up to it, works good the stand was less then $100 , good luck with your project.
Mike

badger
03-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Might want to spend some time and try the search function of the forums.

Too many to list but alot of other post of projects where members have posted images of their self made tables to hold the machine with downdraft systems attached to them.

Try searching with key words: table, cart

Enjoy.

Digitalwoodshop
03-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Both my carts just use a 4 inch suction elbow pop riveted to the top. I centered the elbow but I slide the machine offset to get better suction slightly right of center. I sealed the bottom and let the space between the belts be the open strip to collect chips and dust.

I have a top collector on one machine and I block the lower port half way with sheet metal for more upper suction.

The first one was a old TV repair cart from Sony when they closed a building. It just as a 90 degree elbow riveted and RTV ed in the center. I use the dryer hose with good luck. It does have more resistance to air flow but I ground it for static problems.

I run a cable between the dust collector clipped to 3 places and to 3 places on the carve machine. Out feed tray, upper hose, and metal cart.

The second cart saw life as a Bank VCR holder in San Diego until I picked it up at an auction. Just another elbow in the center.

I seal the bottom with foam for a better seal. I did bolt the machines down but I move them so much I quit. 2 Laser Engravers in the background of that picture. Very underutilized.... Too may toys not enough time....

The upper suction is made from copper circuit board material.

Good Luck with your machines,

AL

3 AM and just finished carving for the night... Making clocks for a show this weekend and painted 13 tonight. Need them to be dry for the show.....

eromran
03-12-2008, 06:26 AM
My first cart is very similar to the first picture that DigitalWorkShop used in their first picture. Except i used a cart very much like the one pictured below.You can sometimes get them for under $50. You place a board on top with hole for the down draft Cut out. Attach hose underneath and the dust collector can ride on the bottom self if its like the one pictured. If you are wanting draws get the one with draws and attach hose in the back instead. There are a lot of other great suggestions that have already been posted might try a search. Hope any of this helps.

AskBud
03-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Here is the post where I displayed my movable stand.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6429&highlight=askbud

fwharris
03-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I use a roll around tool box. The top is from a printer stand. I built a box with 2x6's that fits inside the rim of the tool box and added a port for dust collector (using a shop vac for now).

plenty of drawers for CW/CC bits, tools etc...

Digitalwoodshop
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I like the roll around tool box idea. Great place to store the bits and parts....

Good Job,

AL

fwharris
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I like the roll around tool box idea. Great place to store the bits and parts....

Good Job,

AL

Al,
Thanks, you have several good ones also..
I got the idea from one of the other posts here. I still need to get some bigger wheels.