PDA

View Full Version : error code 246

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I am new to carving with a machine, altho I do have some time to show for finger cut, hand cutc and of coruse my thumbs. I had a board slip while cutting a project, now a code in my machine for 246 z axis, Question how do you clear the code from the machin? could use any help from anyone

larrywilson
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
i just had the same problem i caled suport. turned out i was using a bit that was to long.check your bit to see if it came to low. in your holder. also suport will walk you through most problems. give them a call if that doesent work or if nobody elce can help. most likley someone will

pwills3308@mchsi.com
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
thank you, will call as soon as get my graqndson from school

Jeff_Birt
03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
When you load the bit in the machine watch it as it goes to the back and the little 'bit plate' flips out. The bit needs to touch down on the flat part of the plate. If the plate does not come all the way out you can get errors. Clean the pivot area of the plate with compressed air and move it a few times by hand to loosen it up. Also, do a search for 'Bit plate' for even more information.

bartboyette
03-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi try putting your memory card back into your computer and go into it an send in the error code that should remove it from your card.