PDA

View Full Version : Cut motor, RPM reving up.

RanUtah
03-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I did a couple projects last night and noticed that 3/4 through the project that the cut motor would rev up to a higher RPM and stay at that speed until it was done using that particular bit. There were no error messages so I jsut kept an eye on the flex cable temp.

Any one have any insight? I did a search and found some things similar but really no fix.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but this has been the first time I have used the machine since I upgraded to 1.126.:confused:

Digitalwoodshop
03-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Could be just the machine changing RPM to do cuts? Have seen that.

Could be the Cut Motor Magnet is not in place? Check that by rotating the shaft while monitoring the data in options, sensor check. It will count up if good.

Could be a dirty dust muffler causing a temp rise in the cut motor and increased speed and cooling.

Not something to loose sleep over in my opinion.

AL

auriclux
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Same thing happened with my new machine. After a few hours the RPMs stepped up noticeably. I came flying out of the house vaulting a low fence to see the machine happily cutting away and it didn't fly apart after that. I figured that it had some kind of break-in period in it's programming.

No pix yet, sorry. I guess that I shouldn't have started out with a 7 hr carve, which I've not finished yet.

My reasoning is that where I've read of machines failing they've failed around the third hour carving and I wanted to flush out a bad lemon before I started the stuff I got the machine for.

And I've learned that I will be making a hush box before the next carve. For my sanity and to keep the neighbors from the door. I didn't like them anyway.

Also, things seem to be fine by pausing the machine mid job and starting up agin the next day. I left it plugged in of course.

Scot