PDA

View Full Version : Load Board

dcorb62
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I just purchased the CarveWright system. I have created a test project to see the capabilities of the machine but every time I launch the project in the machine I get a "Please Load Piece: Board" message on the LCD display. I cannot find anything in the Operator's Manual to correct the error. Can someone help with this error?:confused:

AskBud
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
See if this thread gives you any clues.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6182&highlight=load+board

ChrisAlb
03-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I just purchased the CarveWright system. I have created a test project to see the capabilities of the machine but every time I launch the project in the machine I get a "Please Load Piece: Board" message on the LCD display. I cannot find anything in the Operator's Manual to correct the error. Can someone help with this error?:confused:

Hi dcorb62 and welcome!

Sounds like the rollers may not be compressed fully. Are you cranking it down past at least 3 clicks on the handle? How long is the board you're using. It must be long enough for both rollers to rest on.

If you have a bathroom scale. Place it in there and crank down to at least 3 clicks. You should get a head pressure of around 75 lbs.

Post your results. Also, using your manual, do a sensor check with the board loaded. It should read both front and rear rollers are "compressed".

blackshamrock
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I went through everything I could find on x axis error then load board error, trying everything simple first. My project stopped partway thru, so I didn't want to start dismantling parts. I cleaned the sensor, lubed, shot with compressed air, vacuumed and tried another board. Same problems. As I am a single guy, and all my buds are single, we don't have bathroom scales! After cranking down the head and having the 5 clicks, I tried backing the head of just a little. Voila, no more errors. Hope this helps someone as something to try.

Ike
12-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Make sure you head is unlocked and raise the head and lower it until the message goes away. If not call LHR for help.

Ike

jonm3
12-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Hi welcome, I am also a new, for a few days. But have picked up things pretty quick. The Please Load Piece is that the head of the rollers have to touch the board completely. If it doesn't it will not work. I had that error, but figured things out that it has to be down more. Now I am on the second carving.

Dan-Woodman
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Place board in machine , but don't crank the head down until it tells you to load piece. sometimes you'll get an error if you crank the head before turning on machine .
later Daniel

Jeff_Birt
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
After cranking down the head and having the 5 clicks, I tried backing the head of just a little. Voila, no more errors. Hope this helps someone as something to try.

This is a symptom of too much head pressure. You may just need to lubricate the clutch a bit. Or, if your machine is new crank it up/down several times to give it a chance to get the existing grease all worked around.

Eagle Hollow
12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Also, watch the screen as you crank the head down. When it reads push "ENTER to proceed", the head pressure should be about right. On my machine, that happens between 83 and 86 pounds pressure according to my scale.