PDA

View Full Version : Board Measuring

DrBob
03-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Has anyone noticed as to were the board is being measured at on the x axis?
is it in the middle of the board width or can it be told were to measure the length of the board according to a place I determine on the width of the board.

Wid T
03-08-2008, 02:17 PM
As I read it ........ The corner near left of the workpiece is the coordinate origin of all board measurements.
Wid T

ChrisAlb
03-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Has anyone noticed as to were the board is being measured at on the x axis?
is it in the middle of the board width or can it be told were to measure the length of the board according to a place I determine on the width of the board.

Hey Bob,

After it measure the width it sets itself in the middle of the board for measuring the length. As far as I know, you can't change that.

Why, you have a "Jogged" end you need to get around? If so, tape a piece of wood to fill in "the gap" to make a square end. Then you should be good. (if that's what you're doing).

DrBob
03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Chris
OK, Now if this is the case, what would one do if you wanted to carve in a 1" board and the software say's min. 1.75"? Just hit continue!
Will it upload to the card? Presuming it was on a carrier board or sled.

ChrisAlb
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Chris
OK, Now if this is the case, what would one do if you wanted to carve in a 1" board and the software say's min. 1.75"? Just hit continue!
Will it upload to the card? Presuming it was on a carrier board or sled.

A one inch "wide" board? Wacha carving, ants? lol Just kidding.

The easieat way I can think of would be.....Mount the 1" board in the Center of the Carrier/sled, make your "virtual" board the width of the sled and set your carving up in the center. Then it should read the Sled's width, center on that for the length and find the end of the "skinny" one...lol

Should be good to go!

Chris

DrBob
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Ya! thats what I thought!
Thanks for the confermation.

DocWheeler
03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Bob,

Or tape three of them together and carve the middle one!

DrBob
03-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks Ken!
I will have a surprise for all the carvers here when I am done my project.
Bob

ChrisAlb
03-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Now there's a good idea too Ken. Then you wouldn't really even need a sled.