PDA

View Full Version : Flyfish Litho

jpaluck
03-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Here is a flyfishing litho. This is my second one.

John

LittleRedWoodshop
03-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Thats a nice job, makes me want to go fishing. To darn cold here for me. Keep up the great work.

robertplecker
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey I would like to know if you would be willing to share the mpc for the flyfishing. My dad is an avid fly fisher and I thought maybe I could try doing this one for him.

jpaluck
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
here is the file ...have fun hope he likes it

Dirtydan
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
John,

That came out very nice... Great Job....:D

Here is a flyfishing litho. This is my second one.

John

Digitalwoodshop
03-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Here is John's Trout in a Litho and inverted. I think it turned out GREAT !!!!

He does some VERY NICE WORK !!!!

Thanks for Sharing,

AL

After going back and looking at the Litho of John's..... WOW.... I really need to add Lithos to my collection... Great work John. A litho pane in place of my carving would be good with the clock....

Digitalwoodshop
03-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Here are more clocks. A litho in place of the wood carving and light up would be very nice...

Thanks John,

AL

fwharris
03-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Here are more clocks. A litho in place of the wood carving and light up would be very nice...

Thanks John,

AL

Al,

Those look great. thanks for sharing. your posts are giving me lots of ideas!!!!

fwharris
03-15-2008, 11:10 AM
John,

Great work with the litho. Really like the detail in this..

I also replyed to your PM....

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2008, 03:39 PM
John,

Lots of fishermen Ooooooh's and Aaaaaaah's but not takers. They loved your work.

Hillary was in town and attendance at the show was very poor. Made lots of contacts and sold some other stuff. Lots of shows to come.

Chris showed up and was very informative and taught me a few tricks. Nice guy !!!! He had nice stuff too.

Got requests on how to paint the letters so here it goes.

Good morning Al,

Beautiful clocks! Have you posted elsewhere in the forum on how you color the letters? Is it all hand-painted, or do you have a faster "trick"? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Marty

Marty,

Thanks for asking.

First I Centerline carve the letters.

Then I sand off any stray fibers and blow the letters out with air.

Next I use Latex only, indoor/outdoor and slap it into the letters not being careful.

Then I keep going over the letters removing all the excess paint.

Any sawdust in the letters will later fall out and take the paint.

I only use latex for odor and the spray wicks up the fibers. Some have good luck with it sealing the letters first.

Let it dry and later palm sand down to the finished letters or surface plane.

I sand that way I don't clip the top off any art.

Then I apply Min-wax stain and the secret here is doing it outside, with a respirator, I blow out the letters with a air hose and the artwork too. Wipe blow, Wipe blow till done.

That's it....

Works for me.

Some clocks had the lower message in bold and with text that slow was too hard to read. Made regular text and it looked better. The Delaware and bigger text was all done with a V60 with that being bold.

Good Luck,

AL