PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor

Big Bob
03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Well after 11 hr. of excellent performance the board sensor reads 7" short on a 30" oak and pine board. I went through all the trouble shooter checks and all I could find in the form. Roller work good down pressure is 80# and O ring is in good shape. Sensor is clean.

I have an extra 4" to stay under rollers.

Can anybody think of something I missed.

Jeff_Birt
03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
If you select 'Stay Under Rollers' the length displayed on the display tells you the 'carve-able' length of the board, not the total length. If your 'virtual' board in Designer is the actual project length (without extra 7" added), then you should be fine. If your 'virtual' board in Designer includes the extra 7" of length then do not select 'Stay Under Rollers".

Amonaug
03-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Ah that's good info to know.

I had the same thing happen except my designer board (48", real board 48") already had the extra 7 inches and I accidently hit stay under rollers and it added another 7 inches and yet all the patterns still carved to the right size even though I was 7" short.

Big Bob
03-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks Jeff I"m on my way to run the board. I can't believe I didn't find that answer in my search of the form. I looked for hours.
My designer board is with the 7" I don"t normally due that, and I always keep in under the rollers.

Thanks again

Big Bob
03-08-2008, 08:19 AM
It's running well. Another lesson I won't forget

Thanks