PDA

View Full Version : Question for the tool goorues

oldjoe
03-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Alright here I go with a quesion totally unrelated to the CC or CW but I know I can get an answer here. I just got my inherited radial arm saw home after waiting for my brother to finish snowmobiling. It is a vintage DeWalt probably built in the 60"s blueish green in color, I know no one here is old enough to remember those days but it takes a 9 " blade do they still make a 9" blades and will I find one at the Depot or Lowes? I can get to both but opposite directions from one another or is there a better place that might have it with out going online and buying one, I want to test it out tomorrow, Almost as anxious as I was when I got the CC,
Thank in advance for the help

rjustice
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Lowes has an 8 1/4 and an 8 1/2, but no 9"

Digitalwoodshop
03-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I have the same Dewalt and still use it. Found it in San Diego at a Garage Sale and brought it back to PA.

I had found the 9 inch piranha blades at Home Depot in San Diego in 1995.

I even got some new bearings for the pull but it's still solid. The guy said he had the motor rebuilt a year earlier. Great Saw.

Good Luck,
AL

http://www.carbide.com Found a bunch of 9 inch here

hotpop
03-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Joe,

Check the PM I sent you.

SilentBob
03-07-2008, 09:54 PM
You would probably do best calling any hardware stores in your area. Vermont American is a popular brand and they have a part number 27255 which is a 9" 40 tooth blade. If there is an Ace Hardware near you I'd try them first.

Best of luck.

Bob

oldjoe
03-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Al, your saw is identical to the one I inherited, and it is in great shape Dad really took care of it, Nothing ever rebuilt but still slides smooth and no wobbles and motor sounds fine with no wobble either.
Mel, I will check on that other forum but are they as good as the people here.
Bob, never would have thought of Ace one in town thanks!