PDA

View Full Version : Strange carving behavior

Amonaug
03-07-2008, 05:50 PM
OK from my understanding the machine will carve from left to right (as looking at it in designer) 1 small line at a time going back and forth from top to bottom.

looking at the .mpc attached when it got through about 1/4 of the second to last design on the right it stopped then restarted and reset the % of pattern carved and started carving the very last design. When it fished that it stopped and reset again and started carving the design it only got 1/4 done, and not where it left off but completely at the beginning of that design.

It's almost like it considered this 3 projects in 1.

Kenm810
03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Amonaug,

If I'm looking at you .mpc right, it appears to be a Sample
Board with 11 different project patterns on it.
Each may have been placed there at different times in a random order.
Is it possible, that it just confused the machine. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Amonaug
03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes I did save it and worked on it another day and so forth so that could be it. Just thought it was strange. It's about 65% done on the last design so everything should be OK, 8.5 hour carve *wipes brow* :D

Does the order in the carving list make a difference? If so then I'll keep that in mind next time.

Little details to learn all the time :) Not much different than 3D art and animation.

EDIT: Definitely something to consider when planning a design. It just finished the second to last design and now it's recarving the column again, reset the % done too.

www.go3d.us
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I think the problems is in all those cut out path.
HT

jlitz
03-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes I did save it and worked on it another day and so forth so that could be it. Just thought it was strange. It's about 65% done on the last design so everything should be OK, 8.5 hour carve *wipes brow* :D

Does the order in the carving list make a difference? If so then I'll keep that in mind next time.

Little details to learn all the time :) Not much different than 3D art and animation.

EDIT: Definitely something to consider when planning a design. It just finished the second to last design and now it's recarving the column again, reset the % done too.

Looking at the compiled data, Designer attempted to merge all the patterns into a single larger pattern but wasn't entirely successful, at least from the optimal carving perspective.

Column 01 appears in the larger merged pattern as well as by itself, so it'll carve 'twice'.

Only part of the Rosette 05 pattern was merged into the larger pattern, but also appears by itself so it'll carve part of the region more than once.

Rosette 01 wasn't merged and will carve individually.

Everything looks like it'll finish fine. You might want to send the sample directly to LHR and get their feedback.

Amonaug
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Patterns carved nicely, unfortunately when it went to carve out the peices the bit plate didn't come out all the way and the machine mismeasured the height of the bit so it didn't cut all the way through. So now I have to do that by hand. Didn't want to chance just deleteing the patterns and leaving the cut paths and have it just a smidgeon off somewhere when the board is reloaded.