PDA

View Full Version : Just got the machine and ...

auriclux
03-07-2008, 05:26 PM
... okay, I've lubed the shaft and letting it rest for the hour in the instructions. I lubed that long spring that came out with the shaft too.

That spring is supposed to to slip out right?

And I'm off to get lumber.

Now then, I read in the instructions that the carving is done in some sense "upside down". That is, the top of the design is closest to rail near the keypad. And I've read on the forum that the cut out region requires 1/2" clearance - and I remember it as 'at the top'.

Is that 1/2" clearance required nearer the keypad or further?

Thanks again.

Scot

www.go3d.us
03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi, The spring suppose to stay in but it is ok if it fall out when you pull the flexshaft out.
Yes, you need at least 1/2" around the carved region on all four side. Specially on the keypad side if you plan on carving 2 sided project.

Happy carving!
HT

auriclux
03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
*sigh*

Well, I got the lumber, have the machine set up, and go to register the software so as to compile the designs I've been playing with. Aaaand, I get an error that the server is down. CarveWright's I guess, 'cos it's not mine. Well, I have the option of phoning in during business hours ... In Texas. Which won't be until Monday morning now.

I guess I can stand around and admire it for the weekend.

Scot

No wait!

If I uninstall the s/w that I had downloaded a few weeks back (v1.126), and the one that came on the disk (v1.120), and re-install a new download of v1.126, the server connects, and drumroll I'm registered.

whew

Jeff_Birt
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
They are open on Saturdays too! Give them a call now!