PDA

View Full Version : delivered broken

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm a little broken hearted.

My Compucarve just showed up in the mail broken. What's worse is today's my birthday and i thought it was going to be my present. Bummer.

I'm placing a call to Sears now.

Has anyone had their machine delivered broken? Does it take a long time to get it replaced?

Anything you can tell me to make the process of getting a new one go faster, I'm all ears.

No hard feelings or nuthin', just sad.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Wow yeah that is sad. I have had alot of bad luck with shipping. I got a delta planer delivered with the cast iron bed broke completely in three places and the motor tore out of the mount. How does that happen? Anyways, if you ordered it from Sears or a subsidiary of sears then you may be able to just take it back to your local or unlocal sears and what i have seen them do is refund your money and then sell you the same machine for the same price and maybe a little off for your troubles. Inquire about that. If there not in stock then they could call around and find a sears that may have them in stock. That is good you documented your problem i would also take pictures of the box. Yes it is sad how nice merchandise gets destroyed in shipping. Makes you wonder how they make any money. Well good luck and Happy birthday for what its worth. I would be making some calls, its still early so maybe you can get somthing before the days over.

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Wow yeah that is sad. I have had alot of bad luck with shipping. I got a delta planer delivered with the cast iron bed broke completely in three places and the motor tore out of the mount. How does that happen?

wow, man. that's pretty bad.

That is good you documented your problem i would also take pictures of the box.

Thanks for the idea on the box. I'll do that too.

I would be making some calls, its still early so maybe you can get somthing before the days over.

Called Sears. UPS is picking it back up in three days. Then it will be another 7-10 days before i get a new one (i hope its a new one).

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 10:55 AM
I just snapped pics of the box to go along with the broken Compucarve.

forqnc
03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry for the Bad Luck Mutin, your Brand New box, looks as bad as my box, and it has been back to Texas 3 times.
Good Luck and Happy Birthday.

Ken Massingale
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
If you can find one in stock at a local Sears store (don't believe the online 'In Stock' crap) take the broken one and exchange it. We did that with no problem.

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
If you can find one in stock at a local Sears store (don't believe the online 'In Stock' crap) take the broken one and exchange it. We did that with no problem.

Awesome! Will do. I know the Sears here in town doesn't carry them but i'll try 'in-town'.

Thanks!

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I ordered it out of the catalogue, so they said i couldn't take it to the store for replacement. it had to be sent back through the mail.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

God bless the bureaucracy. :rolleyes:

Grunt
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
What is the difference, Catalog or store? Sears is Sears. I would talk to a manager or someone else at the least.

J_Man
03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
After the whole thing with K-Mart and all, Sears catalog could be handled by a different company. KB Toys has a different company that handles their website and you can't take items from the site back to the store. It's probably the same deal after all the financial trouble Sears has had.

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes talk to the higher ups at sears you should definately be able to bring it in to their store for the exchange even if you ordered it online. I had a similar problem ordering online and got a bad machine, i went to sears and had one the same day with a little compensation for my time. Just be sure to open it up and check it out before leaving. If the box is in good shape you should be alright. Ask to speak with a manager. Persistence!

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 05:09 PM
So my fiance tells me that the Victoria's Secret store does not accept items ordered through the catalogue. apparently "the store and the catalogue (probably goes for online as well?) are two different entities."

I won't get into the background of the story but the point is that you're probably right, J_Man.

Ken Massingale
03-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I ordered it out of the catalogue, so they said i couldn't take it to the store for replacement. it had to be sent back through the mail.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

God bless the bureaucracy. :rolleyes:
That's BS. Anything ordered online/catalog that is defective can be exchanged at a store. Insist on an exchange, we had no hassle at all.

muntin chops
03-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm going to hit every Sears in my area (that actually stock it) to try and get it replaced until there are no Sears's left (meaning, when traffic gets bad enough).

I'm gonna see what i can do.

Thanks for the inspiration guys. Its just not fair to have it in my hands, only to have to returned it because UPS broke it.

I'll let you know what happens.