PDA

View Full Version : Processing question for the Pro's

AskBud
03-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I laid out this design and it was running fine for about 3 1/2 hours.
It cut the Animal section then the Order section. It was working on the Custom Design section and froze in and around the "b" in "by". There were no warning messages as I compiled or set the up machine. The Web Address section should be the last unit to be carved. The LED is blank. We've had no power issues that I know of as I've been doing constant work on my computers, and the lights have not flickered (all electronic devices are fine). The work area is a constant 68 degrees.

I have not touched the machine as yet. Does the unit "REST", or have I lost this project?
AskBud

AskBud
03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I neglected to attach the program file.
Sorry, AskBud

AskBud
03-07-2008, 01:56 AM
This is an update on my machine Failure:
I just send a message to Support pointing to this thread and also giving them the following further information.
1) Please review my post of: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6458

2) After several hours of wait time, I restarted the project on a new board. As it started, I noticed that the cutter was moving on the board, but was not turning.
I aborted the project and found the the drive cable (#11 - Spindle Flexshaft Assembly MWM A2045) was loose from the drive motor (#54 - Spindle Motor Assembly MWM A2011).
I'm not sure if it is broken, or if it just came loose from its socket. There is no cap on this end, just the black jacket, the spring, and the flexable cable. I need instructions on how to proceed and/or new part(s).

I'll wait for their reply, or contact them Friday afternoon, which ever comes first. I'll not take anything apart without their guidance.AskBud

hotpop
03-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Bud,

The flexshaft assembly is held in place by a single screw where it enters the motor. Sounds like the it was not tightened to start with. I drought it would back out by it self.

swhitney
03-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I have had the flexshaft come apart from the motor mounting piece. I used some adhesive to reatach, and she's been fine ever since. (A home grown repair for an out of warranty machine....)