PDA

View Full Version : We Got To Bring Her Home

SandBuoy
03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Well Called Sears and they said the Compucarve was there and ready to go with us. So we ran down and got it about 1:00. Man was I excited to get it home and start reading the instructions and getting it out of the box. But we had to stop and get some things at the grocery store first, then stop at the bank, then the post office and the stop to get something for a late lunch. Man was I excited to get home and get it out.

Finally got home but first had to unload the car, help out the groceries away, haul stuff to the freezer and take out the trash. Man I was ecited about getting it out of the box and looking at it. Maybe I said that already.

Well the packing wasn't damaged that I could tell. Box had no holes, scraps or tears. Certainly didn't come by UPS to the store. Got the supplies out of the foam, pulled out the machine and placed it on the roller table I made for it and opened the instruction manual. Usually at this point they go in the garbage because REAL MEN don't need no stupid instructions. Ofcourse when Linda sees me reading them, this is pointed out to me.

I just tell her this isn't just any machine or repair project. This is serious bussiness not just some horse play, I don't need someone messing with me right now.

So here I am, sharing this with you guys and finally a real part of the Compucarve owner family. Not sure what my first project will be at this point. Like a kid in a candy shop right now. But I am leaning towards by first project being a lithophane of my Mother and Father on the wedding day. But that will probably not be till tomorrow at the sooner, yeah right !!!!

Kenm810
03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
SandBuoy,

First thing to do is catch you breath, we really can feel your excitement.
Remember to save the box and all the packing materials.
Please keep us all informed as you progress and don't forget to have a camera handy,
to share some photos of what the new family addition is up to.
We'll be watching. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Bflat5
03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Congrats. Hope you ejoy it as much as I have mine so far. :)

That's the way I felt when I bought mine last week. I've only done a few things so far but it's really a cool tool.

There's not a day gone by so far that I haven't wanted to make something.. Anyhting!

It's been rainy and cold for the last few days, so I've used just been planning stuff to do for when I finally can get back out there with it.

SandBuoy
03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks all,

Ken, I plan on taking a few pictures of it before I even start it up. I made a roller stand for it with locking casters. Has storeage in the bottom and two drawers for storing the accessories in. Nothing special, just a old cabinet with a plywood top so I can blot it down.

Bflat, I am fortunate to have had a really nice workshop built on to the house. Within it I have a 5x8 shop that was used for gunsmithing and lockup. I plan on turning it into the CC room. It has its own power source, two flourence lights and a vent. Now all I have to do is haul out all the stuff I have stored in it. Plan to sound proof it also near real soon.

I think the excitement is now turning my brain to worry and confusion. I have a ton of plans for it just flooding my brain. Worry I might mess it up the first time I used it. Confusion I won't take the right steps and mess it up the first time I use it.

Dan-Woodman
03-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Start out with a simple carving from the pattern library. Default depth is 1/4".
It doen't need to be that deep,so maybe set depth to 1/8" Also try scrap wood, just play and experiment with it and have fun. You will be amazed.
later Daniel

ChrisAlb
03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Keep it clean. Keep it clean. Keep it clean. Have a BLAST, DID I mention you should KEEP IT CLEAN??? Don't just let it carve by itself for hour or more. Lift the cover every 15 or 20 minutes, take 30 seconds to vac out the dust, close the cover and hit enter to go again. Been doing that with mine since August. Never had any of the problems I read so much of in here.

By the way....Keep It clean!

LOL

ENJOY!