PDA

View Full Version : selling on ebay

slacker361
03-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Looks like refurbished machines are selling on ebay. seems like the researve price is somewhere around $1000.00.

I think i would like a warrenty for peice of mind.
(reminds me of the movie tommy boy) ( " ill take a dump an put it in a box and mark gaurranteed on the box, i have the time)

any ways although you can get good deals on ebay , there are some really bad deals out there

wood-of-1kind
03-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Are the "refurbs" being sold by LHR? This is worthwhile asking/knowing since it may mean "warranty" concerns for machines that have been returned?

I've always been leary about purchasing "someone else's" problematic machine. Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).

-Peter-

Digitalwoodshop
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Not to steal the thunder of the eBay machine sellers you need to look at realty.

Paying $1000.00 for a machine on eBay with no warranty is a risky adventure. One $300.00 + repair to LHR and you could have had a new machine for slightly more.

If they were selling for a more reasonable price like $600.00 I would say go for it.

They are very likely very good machines rebuilt by current and former employees.

I sent a eBay question asking the condition of the machines, New Z Bundle, New Cut Motor Magnet and got no reply. If it has the old still working Z cable you will eventually need that replaced at somewhere around $200.00 and the Cut Motor Magnet? Last I heard no Cut Motors were available. Buyer Beware?

That being said I got a used broken machine and nursed it back to health a very very long time ago. I knew it was broken when I got it.

hotpop
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I was watching a CW machine on Ebay last week. The machine had 7 hours on it plus all the accesories. The seller claimed there was $2800 worth and was located in CA.

The machine sold for $2,156.07 plus shipping form CA.

So the buyer paid more money for it on Ebay then they could have gotten it cheaper for at Sears with a full warrenty.

Go Figure!

Semper Fi
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Mel, I was watching that machine also. I told the wife that he was going to lose his shirt on that deal............boy was I wrong! There was a lot of add-on stuff, but the bottom line was no warranty and a big price to boot. Gotta love auctions! :)

Wait until the buyer tries to register the previously registered software.

hotpop
03-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Yea! If the price hung around the 1k price I would have bid in it.

TIMCOSBY
03-07-2008, 12:22 AM
actual software cd being auctioned and it got to $20 the last time i looked. talk about nuts.