PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright/compucarve - Diff?

jerrbitt
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I've been advised to purchase the Carvewright rather than the Compucarve from Sears.

THE FAQ indicates that the machines are "functionally" the same with some cosmetic changes.

Interesting word "functinally". Is it inferred that in terms of structure and mechanics of the two machines there are differences?

I ordered and am awaiting arrival of the Sears model. Went that direction becasue of the lower price and the extended warranty. However, I have the option to return it in 90 days.

I have other wordworking equipment carrying the Craftsman brand but identical to the name barnd equivalent. A Dewalt sander for example and the parts list for that and the Sears model are identical. I hope that also exists for the machines in question. But if anyone can shed light on this, I'd appreciate knowing whether there are an "serious" differences.

Thanks.

Kenm810
03-05-2008, 01:20 PM
jerrbitt,

Real easy one to answer --- the only difference is the Name on the Machine and Box http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Both are from LHR --- Both are serviced by LHR -- Warranty from LHR is 1 year or 200 hours on the Cut Motor
Warranty includes shipping to and from LHR plus all parts and labor

Jeff_Birt
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
They are the same except for the name plate. This same question has been asked many times here on the forum. The 'Search' feature works great for questions like this...

jerrbitt
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Should have thought about the Search feature duh on me.

Jeff_Birt
03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
NP, I like to point Search out to new comers as it is such a great tool. It sure beats hours of frustration when a quick search will turn up a solution to a problem I'm having.