PDA

View Full Version : scanning software question

wynpotter
03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I saw in another post some of the editing features of the scanning software which I was interested in. Since I don't have the hardware CW or Scan probe, is the scanning software available for download for evaluation as is the CW software. I didn't see it in the download area but wanted to learn abit about it before getting the machine.
Thanks Wyndham

mtylerfl
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I saw in another post some of the editing features of the scanning software which I was interested in. Since I don't have the hardware CW or Scan probe, is the scanning software available for download for evaluation as is the CW software. I didn't see it in the download area but wanted to learn abit about it before getting the machine.
Thanks Wyndham

The scanning software is not available separately from the purchase of the probe itself.

For What It's Worth: I was just talking to a few folks at LHR yesterday. We somehow got on the subject of the probe. We all agreed that it's hard to imagine that an owner of the machine would not want to own the probe as well. One person said, "Who doesn't have at least 500 items around their house that they would want to scan and make a pattern from?"

I think the probe is an extremely valuable addition to one's setup, and is a heck of a lot of fun.

wynpotter
03-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree that it's a major part of the package. Being in the boonies and just getting feed back from different parts of the forum, it takes awhile to start to understand the whole picture(cw+scan probe+etc) and the parts that make it up. Thanks for the info Wyndham

ChrisAlb
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Same thing goes for the bits. Who would want to have a CW without ALL the bits. It's a bigger nut for sure but if you can, get the whole package. My money is on the fact that eventually, you will anyway.

AskBud
03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks Wyndham
Go to this site to see a demo of the probe. Click on the top LEFT section on the scanning Probe.
http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html

wynpotter
03-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Bud, that was good demo of the probe, Wyndham