PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of guitar making

Bflat5
03-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Apparently, I'm not the only one looking to build guitars with the help my CW. I'd love to see some pieces others have done with it.

My question is, what kind of materials can be cut with this CW? I know the fretboard (rosewood or ebony) can be carved for the inlays, but can I use the CW for actually cutting the pearl or abalone for the inlays?

AskBud
03-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Apparently, I'm not the only one looking to build guitars with the help my CW. I'd love to see some pieces others have done with it.

My question is, what kind of materials can be cut with this CW? I know the fretboard (rosewood or ebony) can be carved for the inlays, but can I use the CW for actually cutting the pearl or abalone for the inlays?
I'm not a Music man, but I thing the question would be "Will it melt while being cut?"
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-05-2008, 08:54 AM

Hello Bflat5,

LG (of Liquid Guitars) is the "king" of guitar making with his CW machine.

Visit his website and you'll be able to see some of his beautiful workmanship. http://www.liquidguitars.com/

ChrisAlb
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
LG is the man to see/ask about making guitars. Simply amazing work!