PDA

View Full Version : Question with board recognition

Lefty
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
All,
I have started having problems with the machine recognizing the board when I try to start up a project for carving. Its not the sensor, I get the proper readings when performing the sensor check. It almost looks like the carver assembly is sliding too far left (as you are looking into the front of the machine) and of course the sensor will not pick up the board. I have tried different boards, even tried tricking it by placing another little piece of board beside the board for carving. So I guess my question is, what am I missing?
Is this something I need to readjust (Yaxis) or is there another sensor other than sensor on the bottom of the carving assembly that I need to look at?

Thanks,

Ken S.

mtylerfl
03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
All,
I have started having problems with the machine recognizing the board when I try to start up a project for carving. Its not the sensor, I get the proper readings when performing the sensor check. It almost looks like the carver assembly is sliding too far left (as you are looking into the front of the machine) and of course the sensor will not pick up the board. I have tried different boards, even tried tricking it by placing another little piece of board beside the board for carving. So I guess my question is, what am I missing?
Is this something I need to readjust (Yaxis) or is there another sensor other than sensor on the bottom of the carving assembly that I need to look at?

Thanks,

Ken S.

Hello Ken,

You might want to give LHR Tech Support a call so they can ask you "twenty questions" for a proper troubleshooting session.

Hard to know what to tell you to check as I feel there is more info needed. A call to LHR will get you someone on the phone to help you troubleshoot in "real time" while you are at your machine.

TerryT
03-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Are you sure the head comes down all the way and compresses the rollers when you crank it down?

Lefty
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, I spoke with support and they suggested making sure the rollers were compressing. When I did go thru the sensor check it had showed one compressed and one relaxed. Cleaned up around the roller ends and worked them for a bit and its carving away now. Just one more spot I need to remember to clean when I am done.;)

Gunner
03-04-2008, 06:33 AM
You might want to try "calibrate offsets" on page 41.

David Myers
03-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Gunner,

I have tried to calibrate offsets a few times I'm not sure that will do any thing for his problem?
He could refer to the manual and adjust the rollers the manual has a good write up about the procedure. I don't have the manual herre at work to tell you the page number.

David